How do I make a backup the current default file?

Options
Scott Stewart
Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
I reverted to the last back up of my Quicken file. How do I tell Quicken that this is the current file from now on?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HOW did you revert to that backup?  Did you do the FILE, Restore a Backup File process? Or did you simply begin using the backup as if it were your current file?
    Another way to tell is to look at the very top line of your Q and read what's there.  It should be the red Q logo, followed by the name of your product followed by your file name and then your location.
    What shows as the file name?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HOW did you revert to that backup?  Did you do the FILE, Restore a Backup File process? Or did you simply begin using the backup as if it were your current file?
    Another way to tell is to look at the very top line of your Q and read what's there.  It should be the red Q logo, followed by the name of your product followed by your file name and then your location.
    What shows as the file name?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Scott Stewart
    Scott Stewart Member ✭✭
    Options
    I opened this with "Restore a Backup File." I assume this is now the "current" file. So next time I open Quicken, this is what I should see. Thank you for your response.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    look at the very top left corner of your Quicken screen... it has the name of the Quicken QDF file that is opened.
    Some folks don't quite "restore" in the intended manner.
    A - Restore from a backup and create a "copy" to open in Quicken
    B - Restore from a backup and overlay the currently open Quicken file
    C - Open the backup file directly - which of course now destroys the concept of having a "backup"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.