Quicken check register now duplicates Chase checking payments done by Zelle.

Options
Lexky USA
Lexky USA Member ✭✭
Using Quicken Deluxe on Win 10. I have the latest updates to quicken and windows. Problem just started from June 2022 to Aug 20. When quicken syncs with Chase my Quicken check register shows TWO entries showing duplication of payments. I use Chase Zelle to pay bills to the saved payees. I have used Quicken for over 23 years. Checking with Chase bank there are NOT duplicate payments.
How do I prevent this problem? Is it related to the new EWC+??

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Lexky USA said:
    Using Quicken Deluxe on Win 10. I have the latest updates to quicken and windows. Problem just started from June 2022 to Aug 20. When quicken syncs with Chase my Quicken check register shows TWO entries showing duplication of payments. I use Chase Zelle to pay bills to the saved payees. I have used Quicken for over 23 years. Checking with Chase bank there are NOT duplicate payments.
    How do I prevent this problem? Is it related to the new EWC+??
    Hello @Lexky USA,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with duplicate transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Is this happening with each download or One Step Update? If you have recently changed your connection method, it is possible that the duplicates resulted from this. For now, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions below:
    1. Select the affected account to view the register.
    2. Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
    3. While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register.
    4. Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.
    You can read more about these instructions in the Support Article linked here

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before following @Quicken Jared instructions about deleting duplicate transactions ...
    Are these duplicate transactions categorized as Transfers between accounts?
    Shouldn't they match to each other, thus eliminating the duplicate?
    Can you left-click the status icon or right-click in another field in one of the duplicates and see if there's a Manual Match option?
    A register snapshot showing one or more of these duplicate transactions might be helpful in determining what's going on.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.