File Import not Working

Options
JonnyA
JonnyA Member
Importing QFX files into my Quicken not working with ANY of my accounts. Quicken simply does not respond. Without this function Quicken is useless
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @JonnyA

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with QFX files.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. Which financial institutions are you attempting to download a QFX file from? Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download the QFX? 

Looking forward to hearing your response so we may work towards a resolution!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JonnyA said:
    Importing QFX files into my Quicken not working with ANY of my accounts. Quicken simply does not respond. Without this function Quicken is useless
    How are you starting the import?
    Are you trying to open the QFX file in your web browser or in Windows File Explorer or are you using this menu item in Quicken?
    File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JonnyA
    JonnyA Member
    Options
    I'm opening from Windows File Explorer...Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using Firefox as your browser?
    If so, to make Firefox open Quicken when download is complete, you need to go into Firefox Tools / Settings / General.
    Scroll down the page to Applications.
    Sort the list of supported file types by Content Type and scroll down to "Quicken OFX data" and set the Action to "Use Quicken Windows"
    If you can't find this file type go to just past the bottom of the list of file types. Change "What should Firefox do with other files?" to "Ask ..."
    However, may I ask why you use the manual QFX file download process? The better and, IMHO, more reliable process is to use One Step Update to update all banks at the same time instead of one bank, one account, one after the other.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JonnyA said:
    I'm opening from Windows File Explorer...Thanks
    That suggests that the default file association between the .QFX file type and Quicken is no longer correct.
    What usually fixes that is reinstalling Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

But I would first check to make sure there isn't some kind of problem with Quicken reading the QFX file.
    You can do that by importing the QFX file through the Quicken menus:
    File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.