entering multiple income for budget

How do I add multiple entries under my budget for income? I can't figure out how to add. When I try it just replaces the amount for the month?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    I think what most people do is simply add together the monthly amounts from each of the incomes and then enter that total amount.  The simple way to do that in the planned budget field:  = income1 + income2 +income3(etc.) then hit enter.  You can then copy/paste that total amount into future months if the income amounts will remain the same.  If the monthly amounts will vary, then repeat this process for each month.
    If the multiple incomes are for yourself and for a spouse:  Quicken has 2 Salary categories already established...Salary is yourself and Salary Spouse is for a spouse.  Enter the individual incomes accordingly.  Also, make sure when the actual income transactions are entered into the account registers (checking?) that they are using the appropriate Salary categories.
    If, however, the multiple incomes are only for yourself:  There is a way to budget for each income source but it will involve creating custom categories and making sure the appropriate tax line item associations are made.  I can walk you through that process if you wish.  Let me know.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    I think what most people do is simply add together the monthly amounts from each of the incomes and then enter that total amount.  The simple way to do that in the planned budget field:  = income1 + income2 +income3(etc.) then hit enter.  You can then copy/paste that total amount into future months if the income amounts will remain the same.  If the monthly amounts will vary, then repeat this process for each month.
    If the multiple incomes are for yourself and for a spouse:  Quicken has 2 Salary categories already established...Salary is yourself and Salary Spouse is for a spouse.  Enter the individual incomes accordingly.  Also, make sure when the actual income transactions are entered into the account registers (checking?) that they are using the appropriate Salary categories.
    If, however, the multiple incomes are only for yourself:  There is a way to budget for each income source but it will involve creating custom categories and making sure the appropriate tax line item associations are made.  I can walk you through that process if you wish.  Let me know.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.