How do I trouble shoot uploading a web connect file from BofA ?

Brewster
Brewster Member
I downloaded transactions from BofA with the QFX file format. I then uploaded the file to Quicken (Premier subscription for Windows) and all transactions loaded with the exception of 3-months (April, May, June 22). I tried to load these months separately with no luck.

Has anyone else encountered this situation and have a suggestion to try?

Many thanks!

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Could you have previously downloaded and deleted them?  Quicken remembers which transactions have been download based on the FITID field in the download and ignores them in any subsequent downloads.
    You could go into the .QFX file and add a letter or number to the value in the FITID for each transaction for those months (making them "new" to Quicken) and import them again.
    Also, have you looked at the contents of the .QFX file, does it truly have the missing transactions in it?
    NOTE:  Use Notepad or Wordpad to edit the file, do not use a wordprocessor since it is a text file.
    NOTE:  Make sure that you make a backup before trying anything so that you have something to restore to if something goes terribly wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Could you have previously downloaded and deleted them?  Quicken remembers which transactions have been download based on the FITID field in the download and ignores them in any subsequent downloads.
    You could go into the .QFX file and add a letter or number to the value in the FITID for each transaction for those months (making them "new" to Quicken) and import them again.
    Also, have you looked at the contents of the .QFX file, does it truly have the missing transactions in it?
    NOTE:  Use Notepad or Wordpad to edit the file, do not use a wordprocessor since it is a text file.
    NOTE:  Make sure that you make a backup before trying anything so that you have something to restore to if something goes terribly wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Brewster
    Brewster Member
    Thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.