work around to automatically change payee names that constantly change subtly? (Q Mac)

brunoyouknow
brunoyouknow Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)
I use Quicken for my business accounts and frequently receive deposits from Stripe, the company I use to process credit cards.
When Stripe submits a payment to my bank, it will be in the format: "STRIPE TRANSFER CORPORATE ACH ST-(a combination of 12 letters and numbers). Unfortunately, every combination of letters and numbers is different for each deposit, so Quicken will not recognize the automatically change payees rule that I set up, since each is subtly different.
Any ideas how to address this?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If you are staying you want all your deposits from Stipe to use a specific category, this should be easy to solve. You need a Renaming Rule in addition to a QuickFill Rule. The former deals with the name of the Payee; the latter deals with the Category assigned to a specific Payee.

Create a Renaming Rule for "If statement name contains" "Stripe Transfer" set Payee name to "Stripe Transfer". This will make all the Stripe transactions you download normalize to a Payee name of "Stripe Transfer." Then you can create/modify a QuickFill Rule for the Payee=Stripe Transfer to use the Category you want.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If you are staying you want all your deposits from Stipe to use a specific category, this should be easy to solve. You need a Renaming Rule in addition to a QuickFill Rule. The former deals with the name of the Payee; the latter deals with the Category assigned to a specific Payee.

Create a Renaming Rule for "If statement name contains" "Stripe Transfer" set Payee name to "Stripe Transfer". This will make all the Stripe transactions you download normalize to a Payee name of "Stripe Transfer." Then you can create/modify a QuickFill Rule for the Payee=Stripe Transfer to use the Category you want.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • brunoyouknow
    brunoyouknow Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Didn't realize you could use the "contains" feature and thought it was exact match only. Problem solved!
This discussion has been closed.