How to know what Release# a specific backup file is

Options
TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to identify what version# a backup file is for a specific backup so as to know for restoring to a previous?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No way that I know of. But you just gave me the brilliant idea to subdivide my backup folder into subfolders based on release numbers.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No way that I know of. But you just gave me the brilliant idea to subdivide my backup folder into subfolders based on release numbers.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    to build on that, the way I do it is when I install a new release, I update the text file I created (ReleaseHistory.txt)  in the same folder with a new entry.
    And in parallel, I also add the corresponding release # to the name of the last backup prior to the update.  So I have two ways of identifying.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you know the exact time and date that you did the upgrade and then look at the date/time of the backups, you could determine it from that information.
    I think that both RJS & BK's suggestions have a lot of merit.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.