Difference between windows and mac

Daniel Borowicz
Daniel Borowicz Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Before you Buy
I have had quicken for windows for 15 years but I am thinking of getting a Mac. What features will I loose if I switch to the Mac version?
I have windows 11, Quicken deluxe subscription

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    As a starting point you might want to review the Product Selector guide at https://www.quicken.com/product-selector?utm_source=community+link&utm_medium=community&utm_campaign=community+cro.  A couple of comments about it:
    • QM does not have a Home & Business edition so if that is what you have now the closest thing to it that you can get in QM is Premier.
    • Pay close attention to the asterisks in the chart.  1 asterisk indicates it is a QW-only feature.  2 asterisks indicates it is a QM-only feature.  No asterisks indicates that it is a feature of both QW and QM.
    What some Mac users do is to install Parallels on their Macs.  Then they can run QW on it and not give up any QW features that they might want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    As a starting point you might want to review the Product Selector guide at https://www.quicken.com/product-selector?utm_source=community+link&utm_medium=community&utm_campaign=community+cro.  A couple of comments about it:
    • QM does not have a Home & Business edition so if that is what you have now the closest thing to it that you can get in QM is Premier.
    • Pay close attention to the asterisks in the chart.  1 asterisk indicates it is a QW-only feature.  2 asterisks indicates it is a QM-only feature.  No asterisks indicates that it is a feature of both QW and QM.
    What some Mac users do is to install Parallels on their Macs.  Then they can run QW on it and not give up any QW features that they might want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.