Quicken Computer file corrupted need to download from Quicken Web

Help!

Quicken is on my very old and barely functioning laptop. I have been using exclusively using Quicken Web and the mobile app. I have a new account I need to add and I want to update my budget, which I need to do through the computer program. The computer program is incredibly up to date, but when I try to connect to the web, it wants to overwrite the web file with the computer. I'm hoping to find a way to:

Download the quick web file to the computer and add it to the quicken computer app to keep everything I've been using

or

Have the quicken web file overwrite the computer file.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Web isn't a backup for Quicken Desktop and as such can't be "restored".
    What is the Quicken Cloud?

When you installed on the new machine did you transfer the Quicken Desktop data file from the old machine and open it?

Quicken Desktop data files have an unique Id that connects them to the Quicken Cloud dataset that Quicken Mobile/Web access to show you your information.

Your best hope to get the data on the new machine is to transfer the Quicken Desktop data file to the new machine and open it.  It should be connected to the same Quicken Cloud dataset.

But I can't be sure exactly what is going to happen because you are using Quicken in an "unplanned" mode.  The Quicken Desktop data file is supposed to be the "master" in the sync.  Quicken Mobile/Web/dataset is suppose to be synced on a pretty regular basis.  You will be asking it to do a massive sync.  That is provided it doesn't totally mess up and just overwrite that Quicken Cloud dataset with what is in the Quicken Desktop data file.

About the only way to get data off of the Quicken Cloud dataset other than the sync to the Quicken Desktop data file is by exporting a CSV file from Quicken Web.

Note that if from day one you have been using only Quicken Mobile/Web there is what I consider a bug where the user can setup and create accounts and such without ever creating the Quicken Desktop data file.  But that Quicken Cloud dataset isn't connected to any Quicken Desktop data file, and it has been found that the moment one creates a Quicken Desktop data file, that Quicken Cloud dataset is lost.

Quicken Mac has an experimental feature to connect to this Quicken Cloud dataset, but Quicken Windows doesn't.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Tcat said:
    Quicken is on my very old and barely functioning laptop. I have been using exclusively using Quicken Web and the mobile app. I have a new account I need to add and I want to update my budget, which I need to do through the computer program. The computer program is incredibly up to date, but when I try to connect to the web, it wants to overwrite the web file with the computer.
    I don't really understand what you have typed...
    1 - Quicken is on your laptop
    2 - You have mostly been using Qweb and Mobile App
    3 - Want to Add Account and update Budget
    4 - now is the part where I'm not following .... ?
    On the desktop Quicken, performing a SYNC should match up all the updates for QWeb and Mobile App and apply them to the desktop.... and also create any new entries from the desktop into the Quicken Cloud which is then reflected in the QWeb and Mobile App....
    Your topic title implies the Quicken data file is - corrupted - what makes you think this ?
    Do you have any Quicken backups of the QDF data file.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.