Need to reinstall quicken2017 on new computer

Options
Steelers2022
Steelers2022 Member
I have an old PC and migrating to a new PC. I am unable to locate my online downloads/license info on Quicken.com. How can I locate the zip file so I can reinstall?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    (NOTE:  This post applies to Quicken subscription versions beginning with late 2017.  It does not apply to any pre-subscription standalone editions of Quicken.)
    In the 2017 Quicken installation on your old PC:  Make note of the version of it (Help > About Quicken).
    Then on your new PC go to https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has and click on the link for that version.  Make sure you do not download a later version that what you currently have installed on your old PC.  I suggest that when you download the file, save it to your hard drive so you can easily retrieve it in the future if/when needed.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac, that is only good for Quicken Subscription. The OP is asking about Quicken 2017. The OP would need to have the Quicken 2017 installation program but that would be useless since you only get a blank screen if you reinstall 2017 or 2016.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming you have the installation file, if he old computer with a working Q2017 install is available, there is a workaround for the blank screen issue. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mshiggins, if you read the whole conversation, a later poster tried the workaround and it didn't work.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac, that is only good for Quicken Subscription. The OP is asking about Quicken 2017. The OP would need to have the Quicken 2017 installation program but that would be useless since you only get a blank screen if you reinstall 2017 or 2016.
    Ah, should have had more coffee this morning.  I looked at the links on that page and saw "2017" listed.  Unfortunately, I'd forgotten that the 2017 dates and versions listed there were for the Quicken 2018 cut in of subscription, not for the pre-subscription Quicken 2017.  Good catch.  I made note of this in my earlier post above.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mshiggins, if you read the whole conversation, a later poster tried the workaround and it didn't work.
    So we have one report of it working and one report of it not working. We need more data. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Steelers2022
    Options
    So I paid for the Software & License and cant reinstall?
  • pegasus41652
    Options
    Same here but with 2016 version
This discussion has been closed.