CapitalOne 360 Checking vs American Express Rewards Checking and Quicken

Options
Bank of America and Quicken are soon to retire Direct Connect which is causing me to reconsider where we want to bank and I've narrowed prospective replacements to CapitalOne and Amex. Quicken in virtually THE interface to our BoA checking account. In fact, I'm not sure I have ever used BoA's site to pay a bill. Credit card payments after reconciliation, recurring loan payments, and individual bill payments are all done through Quicken and I'm looking for the same functionality with this new account. Do you manage a CapitalOne or Amex checking account through Quicken and if so, what has your experience been? Are there caveats I need to be aware of and consider?

TIA

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've not used either Financial Institution (FI) so I certainly can't help you here, but not a single FI with "Capital One" in its name uses Direct Connect (DC) to download information into Quicken, everything is Express Web Connect (EWC or EWC+) and in order to set up a payment within Quicken with an FI you need to have a DC connection.   So unless I'm missing something, I don't think Capital One is a candidate for what you're seeking.
This discussion has been closed.