Employer 401(k) with self-directed broker option

Jack Riashi
Jack Riashi Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Last month, I added an employer, Fidelity 401(k), and recently established a self-directed brokerage account for my pretax and Roth portions of my 401(k). I'm trying to figure out how to add the self-directed brokerage accounts to Quicken. Quicken is showing a lower balance for my 401(k) because it does not recognize the self-directed brokerage account balances.

Can someone provide clues on how to add those self-directed accounts?

Thank you!

Answers

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    I added this as a separate brokerage account similar to my employer's 401-K and IRA.  Just a bit wonky in that the transfers between them don't happen quickly (takes 1-3 days it seems).  
  • Jack Riashi
    Jack Riashi Member ✭✭
    Thanks, BM. However, I've tried adding those two self-directed brokerage accounts through my 401(k), but Quicken shows an error. I've tried three times. There seems to be a connection issue with Fidelity Investments.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had self-directed brokerage accounts at two different 401(k) providers and they were not supported for downloading into Quicken.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jack Riashi
    Jack Riashi Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jim. That isn't encouraging. I figured there wouldn't be an issue since it's Fidelity. I'm going to try connecting them again tomorrow. I find it hard to believe Quicken doesn't support SBDs when they support other Fidelity accounts.
This discussion has been closed.