How to stop notifications about Chase Bank changes. I don't have a Chase account!

Options
Michael Marullo
Michael Marullo Member ✭✭
I keep getting notices about changes to how Quicken interacts with Chase investment accounts. How do I stop these notifications about Chase Bank changes. I don't even have a Chase account!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @Michael Marullo

It is not just "Chase investment accounts" that are affected by the change from the "direct connect" method, but also Chase bank accounts, credit cards, loans, etc.  It is likely that you have one of these that you are currently downloading into your Quicken datafile.

Let me know if you have any follow-ups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RudiOly
    RudiOly Member
    Options
    I had a Chase loan payment when I bought my car a few years ago because they provided the best loan rate through the dealer. Have long since paid the car off. I have no other accounts with Chase. Is there a way to stop the annoying app-stopper-notices reminding me about Chase's issues?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RudiOly said:
    I had a Chase loan payment when I bought my car a few years ago because they provided the best loan rate through the dealer. Have long since paid the car off. I have no other accounts with Chase. Is there a way to stop the annoying app-stopper-notices reminding me about Chase's issues?
    Hello @RudiOly

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating problem with messages about obsolete or nonexistent accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

There may be a Remind Me Later option in the lower corner of the message, itself. Have you tried clicking this, if it appears? 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @RudiOly To add to Jared's post: make sure you uncheck the Remind Me Later checkbox. It is checked by default, and that trips up a lot of people. If you can't see the checkbox, are you on a laptop, and is your Dock at the bottom of the screen? If so, try temporarily changing the Dock to the left side (in System Preferences), and that may give you enough additional screen space to see the checkbox at the bottom left of the window. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @RudiOly

If the old loan account is still in your Quicken datafile, that could be causing the reminder to continue to appear.  If the loan is still in your Quicken account, I suggest that you open that loan account in Quicken - then click on the "Gear icon" in the upper right-hand corner > then click on "Edit account details" in the drop-down menu.  Next click on the "Online Services" tab and in the "Online setup" section - press the "Deactivate" button (if there is one).  And finally, click on the "General tab" and delete/remove all data in the "Financial Institution" and "Account number" fields.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.