quicken not downloading Chase bill pay Pending transactions

Options
Eddie Choy
Eddie Choy Member ✭✭
When I used Chase bill pay to schedule a payment it used to download that transaction into Quicken and show status as sent in Quicken. Now it stopped doing that. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your Chase accounts have made the transition from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect+, then you can no longer use Chase Bill Pay.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are using Express Web Connect+ and made a payment by logging in to the Chase website then that payment will eventually get downloaded into Quicken and either be matched to an existing register entry that was manually entered or entered as a new transaction. One of the advantages of Direct Connect and Chase Bill Pay was that when you used Chase Bill Pay in Quicken it sent the payment request to Chase and entered that payment in your register and marked it as sent. When using Express Web Connect+ you will have to make the payment on the Chase website and then make a manual entry in your register to indicate a payment was made which will eventually get matched to the corresponding downloaded transaction after it is cleared by Chase or just do nothing and just wait for that payment transaction to download from Chase after it clears. In this case there is no transaction to match it to and it will just be entered as a new transaction.
  • sshinr
    sshinr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Very well explained @rpgarrett75703
  • tamnmike5
    tamnmike5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Losing this capability sucks...if I enter a transaction (future payment) in Chase then I need to see that in Quicken so I can track future cash needs. Why in God's name do I need to enter it twice (Chase & Quicken)? This capability needs to be restored because the goal should be to make the process more efficient vs. less efficient.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tamnmike5 said:
    Losing this capability sucks...if I enter a transaction (future payment) in Chase then I need to see that in Quicken so I can track future cash needs. Why in God's name do I need to enter it twice (Chase & Quicken)? This capability needs to be restored because the goal should be to make the process more efficient vs. less efficient.
    They can't restore the capability.  The protocol that Express Web Connect + (FDX) is using doesn't allow sending or downloading bill payment information.

And frankly I don't think Chase and the other financial institutions care about the fact that your operations are less efficient.  Most of their users don't use Quicken, but instead are using Chase's website/mobile App.  They most likely consider allowing a third-party (Quicken Inc) the ability to control their bill payment system and do transfers a security risk.

One should note that Chase is one of the "main" sponsors of the new protocol:
    https://financialdataexchange.org/FDX/FDX/The-Consortium/Members.aspx
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.