What happens if Quicken can't resolve all these Chase migration problems by the 26th?

Options
I keep seeing all of the problems with the Chase migration (including my own) are getting responses like "This problem has been escalated but there is no ETA for resolution." If Quicken can't resolve the problems by the 26th when direct connect is suppose to stop, what happens?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• hydrick
    hydrick Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I thought I should share the resolution of my conversion saga. The problem, you may recall, was when I converted the accounts showed a balance that were some times off by more than $1,000 (not all of them went to this extreme but all of them did has some problem). So this time I ran a transaction report for each account and exported it to Excel BEFORE I did the conversion and again afterward. By comparing these two reports I was able to locate, in every account, a single transaction that had been added during the conversion process. Once I deleted this one transaction the accounts returned to their proper balance. Transactions (at least for the credit card accounts) seem to be downloading so I will declare this portion of the transition over.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hydrick said:
     If Quicken can't resolve the problems by the 26th when direct connect is suppose to stop, what happens?
    This is my guess (which is also based on what Quicken Inc/other financial institution did in the past).

They continue on and people will have to deal with the problems.

People hoping that somehow this conversion will "fail" and that they will be able to just go back to Direct Connect are living in a fantasy world.

Neither Chase or Quicken Inc are going to allow that.

They much rather try to deal with resolving the problems than go back and have to do it all again at a later date.

And note that the people that come to this forum are almost always here because they are having problems.  That means that you will not know what percentage of people that have already converted without any problems (hopefully Quicken Inc does know).  I suspect it is actually a large percentage and that would be another reason not to back out on this for them.

And note this really more a Chase decision not a Quicken Inc one.  And to them, the Quicken users are very small percentage of their users.  They aren't only doing this for Quicken/Intuit they are also doing it for their other aggregators.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • hydrick
    hydrick Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I thought I should share the resolution of my conversion saga. The problem, you may recall, was when I converted the accounts showed a balance that were some times off by more than $1,000 (not all of them went to this extreme but all of them did has some problem). So this time I ran a transaction report for each account and exported it to Excel BEFORE I did the conversion and again afterward. By comparing these two reports I was able to locate, in every account, a single transaction that had been added during the conversion process. Once I deleted this one transaction the accounts returned to their proper balance. Transactions (at least for the credit card accounts) seem to be downloading so I will declare this portion of the transition over.
  • westendattic
    Options
    My migration saga has been similar to above. All of my chase accounts were off balance. It took a significant amt of time to correct them. (I have 8 accts). Still unable to download from Chase > quicken register. I have repeatedly disabled, then re-enabled the accounts. This is getting ridiculous for such a large bank and quicken to have not got a plan for the 26th
This discussion has been closed.