Upgrade from Quicken Starter Edition to Home and Business

Options
KMK14
KMK14 Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Before you Buy
I'd like to upgrade to H&B but am not sure how my current data file will translate. I have separate business and personal bank accounts set up in Starter right now. What does the process look like for sorting accounts into the "personal" side or the "business" side once I've upgraded? Will I simply be asked to choose one or the other for every account I currently have? Sorry tried to make that question as clear as possible without being too long! Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken for Windows various editions (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, H&B) are all the same software.  Your subscription simply determines which features and functions are turned on or off.  So, everything you see and are familiar with in Starter will still be present in H&B.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken for Windows various editions (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, H&B) are all the same software.  Your subscription simply determines which features and functions are turned on or off.  So, everything you see and are familiar with in Starter will still be present in H&B.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• KMK14
    KMK14 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got it! Thanks Boatnmaniac!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KMK14 said:
    I'd like to upgrade to H&B but am not sure how my current data file will translate. I have separate business and personal bank accounts set up in Starter right now. What does the process look like for sorting accounts into the "personal" side or the "business" side once I've upgraded? Will I simply be asked to choose one or the other for every account I currently have? Sorry tried to make that question as clear as possible without being too long! Thanks!
    Once you have completed the subscription renewal you will have access to a screen in the Edit Account Details dialog called Display Options. In this dialog, in the box titled "Account Intent" there'll be a pulldown field where you can set an account from "Personal" to "Business".

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
    Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.
    A browser-based version is available here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Quicken+Windows+Help

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And FYI - To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• KMK14
    KMK14 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions all!
This discussion has been closed.