Nowhere to enter Password [M&T conversion]

Options
Trying to set up Quicken with M&T accounts now that they've taken over People's United. I get to a certain point and am prompted with a "Please enter your passwords" dialog box. Says "to continue please enter your passwords for the following institutions" and displays M&T Bank Direct Connect. However, there is no place to actually enter the password, only option is to click OK. I've tried restoring from backup and starting again, even tried creating as a new account and still get stuck at the same place. Any ideas? This is making Quicken virtually unusable.
Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carolj92 said:
    Trying to set up Quicken with M&T accounts now that they've taken over People's United. I get to a certain point and am prompted with a "Please enter your passwords" dialog box. Says "to continue please enter your passwords for the following institutions" and displays M&T Bank Direct Connect. However, there is no place to actually enter the password, only option is to click OK. I've tried restoring from backup and starting again, even tried creating as a new account and still get stuck at the same place. Any ideas? This is making Quicken virtually unusable.
    Thanks.
    Hello @carolj92,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services and credentials. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you recently received any error messages in association with these M&T accounts? If so, this problem may be related to the following Open Alert, linked here. Additionally, have you tried reaching out to M&T support? It may be beneficial to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when doing so, as these individuals are most likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JackMorrish
    JackMorrish Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem as carolj92. I am also transitioning from Peoples Bank to M&T Bank. As carolj92 said, when I attempt to use Windows Direct connect to update my checking balance, the pop up says "Please enter a password for the following institutions - M&T Bank Direct Connect." However my correct password is stored in Tools/Password Vault. I'm stuck at that point.
  • JackMorrish
    JackMorrish Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, I was on the phone with M&T's recommended help line. After and hour wait, I was finally connected to a representative. She recommended a couple of changes that did not help. She then put me on hold so she could discuss the issue with her supervisor. After being on hold for 1 1/2 hrs, the line was disconnected. It seems their technical staff are completely overwhelmed with calls at this point. I will wait a couple of days before calling back.
  • carolj92
    carolj92 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @JackMorrish, glad it's not just me! Calling has been a challenge, tired of trying. I tried re-adding the password in the vault, and got a message saying that M&T Direct Connect couldn't use the password (which is the one I use to access M&T).
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem as carolj92. I am also transitioning from Peoples Bank to M&T Bank. As carolj92 said, when I attempt to use Windows Direct connect to update my checking balance, the pop up says "Please enter a password for the following institutions - M&T Bank Direct Connect." However my correct password is stored in Tools/Password Vault. I'm stuck at that point.
    Are you saying that you don't remember the password to your bank account and the only place it's stored is the Password Vault?
    The password should also be stored in your web browser, BTW. You should be able to look it up there.
    In Quicken go to Tools / Password Vault / Add or Edit Passwords. Select the line with the bank's userid and click Change Password. The next dialog shows two password entry lines, current and new password. To just see what the current password is click on "Show" in one of the lines to reveal the password in clear text.

For your reference, you should print a hardcopy of the password vault's contents. It will show the vault Password and all bank userids and passwords in clear text, for your review and reference. Store this report somewhere safe, away from unauthorized access. You might need this report at some later point in time …

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carolj92 said:
    Thanks @JackMorrish, glad it's not just me! Calling has been a challenge, tired of trying. I tried re-adding the password in the vault, and got a message saying that M&T Direct Connect couldn't use the password (which is the one I use to access M&T).

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.