How can I reactivate a Chase account?

Options
JRRemke
JRRemke Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
Has anyone else encountered my situation? If so, how do you solve it? While doing the daily update, I was informed there was an issue with the connection of my Chase accounts. Given all of the communications I have received, I thought "I'll try to edit the connection. I have done that before without incident." The only option Quicken would allow was to deactivate the account. So I did that thinking that I'd just reactivate it. In that account, I am then given the option of "Set Up Now". When I click on that, the menu reverts to the "Account List" screen which is also grayed out and Quicken is essentially locked up. My register is visible behind/around the account list and is not grayed out. I can do nothing to clear out of that screen. When I go to Task Manager, I am informed that Quicken is indeed running. I am left to end the Quicken session in Task Manager. Each time I have tried again, the same thing occurs.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JRRemke said:
    Has anyone else encountered my situation? If so, how do you solve it? While doing the daily update, I was informed there was an issue with the connection of my Chase accounts. Given all of the communications I have received, I thought "I'll try to edit the connection. I have done that before without incident." The only option Quicken would allow was to deactivate the account. So I did that thinking that I'd just reactivate it. In that account, I am then given the option of "Set Up Now". When I click on that, the menu reverts to the "Account List" screen which is also grayed out and Quicken is essentially locked up. My register is visible behind/around the account list and is not grayed out. I can do nothing to clear out of that screen. When I go to Task Manager, I am informed that Quicken is indeed running. I am left to end the Quicken session in Task Manager. Each time I have tried again, the same thing occurs.
    Hello @JRRemke

I do apologize about this problem with online banking services, and with the program freezing or hanging. Thank you for talking to us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, was there a particular error code associated with the message about the Chase accounts having an issue? Had you already changed your accounts over successfully? Lastly, do you have an image of the error message you had seen? If so, would you be willing to provide this, with personal information removed, as necessary? Here is an FAQ regarding the process of uploading screenshots on the Quicken Community. Note that you may also drag and drop an image into your comment before it has been posted.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JRRemke
    Options
    Jared: I haven't forgotten. Ironically, the problem seemed to magically clear itself up with a few days away. I opened Quicken and tried to do the one-step update (transaction download). I was prompted to reauthorize my Chase accounts including the one in question. I did that and everything seemed fixed. Until I noticed the balance in the account had changed (I actually have a running (by month) spreadsheet that provides an overview in each account). I overwrote the incorrect file with my recent external backup. When I tried to update again, I am prompted to reauthorize my Chase accounts (same step from above). When I click on the "Sign In" button on the following screen so Quicken can talk to Chase, I get stuck in a loop on the "Sign into Chase bank" screen. As this has happened a few times, I will try again later.
  • JRRemke
    Options
    Jared: I reloaded my backed up file again today. I accessed the account list and tried to reactivate my primary account. This time, the "Set Up Now" button walked me through the process quickly. When the syncing had finished, my ending balance was different and when I scrolled back to my opening balance from 1996, that number had changed by just over $3,200. I reloaded my backup file again and replicated the steps. This time, my opening balance was overstated by nearly $3,100. I have entered no transactions to cause the differing amounts. Any suggestions? And should Quicken change (reconciled and) my opening balance? Thanks.
  • DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I first tried to reauthorize Chase, the drop down list did not allow me to choose an existing account. I clicked "Skip" and moved on. Just a couple of days ago I reauthorized my Chase accounts, the accounts that should be linked were in the list BUT after reauthorization the balances were WAY off. I went back to my automatic backup file from the day before, reopened Quicken with that file and have not attempted to reauthorize Chase again.

I see that others are having the same problem with balances being incorrect and I will wait until Quicken and Chase can get this worked out. The pop up says I have until September 26.
This discussion has been closed.