Chase Transaction do not download

Options
13»

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe the beta testing is still around (people have "beta" on their usernames), but I don't participate in it anymore, and when I did, most of the releases weren't going through it anyways.  No, idea what they are doing now.

As for what testing is actually performed for a given release, your guess is as good as mine, Quicken Inc and Intuit before them never talk about such things.

Chase/Express Web Connect + is actually working for my checking, two credit cards, 3 investment accounts, and 2 investment accounts in my wife's username.  And yes, it is slow, maybe 10 times slower than Direct Connect was.  Not downloading at all seems to be a "some people" problem, but not a 100%, in fact the majority probably can download.

The moderators close threads after a certain period of time for "housekeeping reasons" or because they have become argumentized.  It isn't really a sign of anything.

Totally agree about Microsoft, since when is adding a menu item to pull up the task manager consider a feature that everyone talks about being a great thing?  As for Quicken Inc and features even though I might disagree with the priority I have seen people posting for almost every feature that they have implemented.  Again, I'm not sure that qualifies as a good use of their time.

I will also state that you need to separate out the problems that the developers work on from the "connection problems".  There is a big possibility that the problems with downloading transactions for instance is "upstream" from Quicken (the program), and as such would fall into other people's hands, most of which they have no direct control over.

As for syncing, which has the possibility of being part of the problem since Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect + both use it to get transactions from the Quicken Cloud dataset, it is pretty clear that Quicken Windows was far too complicated of a program to put such a complicated sync process into it and get it to work 100%.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I must log out/in of Quicken every Monday and often more frequently. That fixes the problem with Chase, and sometimes my bank and USAA. Whenever I suspect a DL problem, I sign out/in and resolve the issue until the next time, which could be the following day or week.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So I just signed out, signed back in.  Got a bit empty window which just said Success.  After a bunch of black screens.  Then I had to reopen my file.  Then QWP crashed.  I don't really care to make a habit of doing that.  I'm back open now.  Couple side notes; I run same data on 2 PC'd, 2nd as backup.  On that second, the one I'm doing now, Discover no longer works due to some change, it won't reconnect.  I initiated OSU, now a partially drawn box with the title Add Account is on screen.  Note that a couple institutions did process.  Also, this has happened several times in recent days.  I know that if I leave it several hours, nothing will change.  There is no cpu activity from it, no disk, it's hung.  Again.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of this.  QWP is badly broken, and there's no sign that anyone there is trying to fix it.  And they want to break Amex too!
  • Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I must sign out/in of Quicken every day, not just for Chase but for my bank too. If Quicken automated the sign-out/in-process to a one-click icon, it would be very welcome.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I run 2 copies of QWP - primary and backup.  Backup now completely broken from Chase.  Primary, until the latest update, could do an account reset to download latest data.  Now, I have to do export import Chase Quicken to update most accounts.  Among those that don't work at all are credit card accounts and Discover.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    5 days later, another non-update update.  For a bit, doing a reset of an account got downloaded transactions.  No longer.

So I try to do manual downloads.  So I do 2 or 3 ok, then on the next, Quicken doesn't ask which QW account to put the transactions in, and often sends them to the wrong account.  Also, Chase credit card transactions get sent to my Discover account no matter how many times I relink things.  So I don't doubt they are working on it, but it seems they are making things a lot worse.

I spent 2 decades developing software in banks; this is depressing.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Latest craziness.  On my 'primary' pc, I've been manually downloading Chase transactions almost daily.  Now until a day or two ago, it would have you choose in a drop down what account to link to, even though you were in that account in QW.  After 3 or 4 accounts, it would stop asking, and typically would download to the wrong account, including putting Chase Card transactions into my Discover Card account.  To prevent this, I had to exit QW, reenter, do 3 more accounts.  New behavior today, though.  It started downloading Chase transactions today - including ones I had manually downloaded already.  That made quite a mess.  Also made a mess of my Online Balance in Checking.  I cleaned up all I can.  Validated the file.  Exited out.  Got back in.  At this particular instance, most, though not all accounts are up to date including with my manual downloads.  Note that sometimes I'm asked what accounts to put the transactions in, sometimes I'm not.

And as I've seen noted elsewhere, sometimes balances are way, way off.  In those cases, I've found a 'magic' transaction affecting the opening balance of the account.  Zero out that transaction and the balance miraculously corrects.  And this is in multiple accounts.  One day I'll be checking my downloaded transactions, and am told that things are out of balance, an adjustment is made by QW.  Or I suddenly find my balances off.  

I just checked one of my accounts to see the first transaction - just over 20 years ago.  Besides the mess created by Q Mobile, I've never seen it THIS bad in QW and the Quicken servers.  I hope they get their act together very soon!
  • quicktoes
    Options
    I found a work-around / fix for getting Quicken WIN (now have R45.13 build 27.1.45.13) to correctly download Chase CC. I happen to have (2) different chase CC in my accounts, each with its own account login. What I finally did was to go to Tools-Account List-"EDIT" on the Chase CC account-Online Services-Deactivate. I did this for both. Then I closed Quicken and then Re-launch. FIRST - have all browser instances closed. Be sure if you "stay logged in" to your chase account that you log out first. I did not go so far as to clear cookie cache for Chase in my browser. My default is Google Chrome on WIN 10.

Now go back to the account list and "EDIT" the chase account and connect to online services. This should open your default broswer to get authentication to give to Quicken. After this, when in the account, I do Actions (gear icon) and Update Now. It worked.

Now - for second account, close quicken again, close all browsers, and re-authenticate the second Chase CC account. This seems to have stayed valid now over a week or so and a few updates several days apart.

Hope this can help anybody out there
  • quicktoes
    Options
    I should also like to add that I posted the work-around several weeks ago and was stuck here in "draft". I am now running R45.21Build 27.1.45.21 on WIN 10.

A few other details - when chase download/authentication became broken, I was doing small batches of QFX updates for the (2) chase accounts. Download from Chase then import in Quicken. Then I found the work-around that I posted.

For one-step updates, I also have Automatic Entry: Off in the Edit Account tab. I also have no "Scheduled Updates" in Tools-One Step Update. I never do bulk one-step update, all the accounts are UN-CHECKED in Tools-One Step Update.

What I do for all my accounts is open the account, then use the gear at top right to perform "Update Now"

Chase has been working fine for me all the time for the (2) accounts since I did the documented work-around.

Again - hope this can help some people
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    4 months now and it's truly not clear if Quicken is really working on the Chase problems.  Sure, once in a while the bad behavior changes some, or works for a day, and a few people get better results.  BUT - Chase is one of the largest retail banks in the US, and you'd think that lots of Quicken users are Chase clients, and that Quicken would take it more seriously.

And that's ignoring Discover, and sometimes Citi, and the plans to take Amex down this same dead end road.
This discussion has been closed.