Problem downloading backup file from my GO to my Surface

ThomG
ThomG Member
I use Quicken (Deluxe) on my Surface as my day-to-day operating mode. I load the last file from my Surface to a USB drive and then download that file to Q on my Go.

The backup file from my Surface loaded fine to Q on my GO, as I check the last account balance. I used Q on my GO without issue and made a "Back up file" onto the USB drive. When I opened Q on my Surface I did not get the normal view of our bank accounts but rather what looked like an introduction to Q. I did not try to download the "Back up" from USB drive being fearful it would cause some other issue ... suggestions.

So I have what appears to be a good "Back-up" on the USB drive. Should I load a new copy of Q to my Surface then try to load the "Back-up" from my GO?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Why copy the backup, just copy the .QDF file and save yourself the trouble of doing a Quicken Restore?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    As mentioned by @splasher - the QDF files are really all the same...
    the main .QDF and the .QDF-BACKUP are same file.
    So - you should be able to just copy the .QDF file from one place to another.
    And, just to clarify - you have 2 different MS Surface laptops....  a Surface (model ?) and a Surface GO

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Why copy the backup, just copy the .QDF file and save yourself the trouble of doing a Quicken Restore?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    As mentioned by @splasher - the QDF files are really all the same...
    the main .QDF and the .QDF-BACKUP are same file.
    So - you should be able to just copy the .QDF file from one place to another.
    And, just to clarify - you have 2 different MS Surface laptops....  a Surface (model ?) and a Surface GO

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.