Connectivity issues after each September 2022 update; Current is Quicken R43.32 Build 27.1.43.32

Options
Thompson_dk
Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
How do I pause future updates to Quicken until a month or so after the update is released? The three September 2022 updates are CHASE related updates but they have created connectivity problems with my local bank, which is not Chase. For example, I can pause Microsoft WIN 10 updates to give MS and WIN 10 users time to see if the update is helpful or harmful. How can I pause Quicken updates?

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd say that generally you shouldn't be allowing Quicken to update itself willy-nilly without your say so.  You establish this control over the process by turning on Windows User Account Control (UAC).
    If Quicken tries to update itself it Windows asks if you will allow this and you simply say "No."
  • Thompson_dk
    Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. I do have this set up as you suggested, but it was a matter of trusting Quicken. Next time I will say NO.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd say that generally you shouldn't be allowing Quicken to update itself willy-nilly without your say so.  You establish this control over the process by turning on Windows User Account Control (UAC).
    If Quicken tries to update itself it Windows asks if you will allow this and you simply say "No."
  • Thompson_dk
    Thompson_dk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. I do have this set up as you suggested, but it was a matter of trusting Quicken. Next time I will say NO.
This discussion has been closed.