Quotes Won't Download

dalock
dalock Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Investing (Windows)
New Dell Windows 11desktop, I downloaded latest version of Q. Stock quotes will not download and update. I have checked the symbols and that they are correct and have been selected. Using my same data file on a different computer with Windows 10 I have no problem. Quotes will not update even with firewall disabled. There must be a setting in this new computer that is preventing the updates. Help!!

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quotes won't download during One Step Update (OSU)? Is "Download quotes ..." still selected in OSU Settings?
    Have you tried "Update Quotes" from the Investing tab? In the Portfolio view, click the "▾" next to the Update button and select Quotes.

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work, e.g., in McAfee Firewall,
      one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quotes won't download during One Step Update (OSU)? Is "Download quotes ..." still selected in OSU Settings?
    Have you tried "Update Quotes" from the Investing tab? In the Portfolio view, click the "▾" next to the Update button and select Quotes.

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work, e.g., in McAfee Firewall,
      one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

• dalock
    dalock Member ✭✭
    Controlled Folder Access was off, No VPN, No Corporate Firewall, I had previously removed McAfee so only had Windows Defender. The changes I just made per your suggestion was to "Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices. and Turn off "Use SSL 3.0". I also changed Windows defender from Med-High to Med level of protection. AND NOW I CAN DOWNLOAD QUOTES. TYVM,TYVM you are an angel.
  • dalock
    dalock Member ✭✭
    Before I made the changes you suggested I could not get the computer to access my Adobe account to validate Photoshop Elements or Lightroom. Your suggestions have solved several problems that were driving me crazy.
This discussion has been closed.