Attachments won't post due to "file in use" even when closed on Desktop

Options
Running Quicken Windows in a Parallels VM running Windows 10 on a Mac running Big Sur. I am having a problem with SOME attachments and I can't find the cause: When I scan in a receipt (using iPhone scanner app.) and email it to my Mac in .pdf form, I save it on my Mac desktop. Then, in Quicken running in Parallels, I attempt to attach the file. SOMETIMES it works. But often I get a message that Quicken can't open the file because it is "in use by another program." I can close EVERY program running on my Mac (except Finder and Parallels obviously) and I still get the message. But if I take a screenshot of the desired document and save that to my Mac desktop, that will attach just fine. I "share" my desktop between Mac and Widows virtual machine via Parallels, and it makes no difference whether or not I attempt to attach the document from the Mac desktop or the Windows desktop. I still get the "in use by another program" message. I realize this might involve Parallels and the relationship between the Mac and the Windows VM, so maybe Quicken Support won't touch it. But I wondered if anyone in the Community has experienced this and has any insight?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Windows File Explorer make sure that you don't Preview Pane on.
    And note in these cases "another program" would be one running in Parallels, not ones running on the Mac.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.