Amount Column Forecolor

When a deposit comes into my account I would like to change the font forecolor to green. Currently it is black. The withdrawals are red. I want the deposits to be green so I can find them very easily. How do I do that?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    No.  You can only change from 1 row to 2 rows.  Oh you can change the memo column.

You can switch the memo and category fields by going to Edit  - Preferences - Register.  There is a checkbox "Show memo before category".  There is also one for "Show date before check number".  Other than adding or removing columns altogether, those are the only things you can move around.

You can also change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Don't think you can. Debit/Positive amounts are black and Credits/Negative are Red.  You can find them in the Deposit column.  Are you using just 1 column?  There are actually 3 columns...Payments, Deposit (or Charges & Payments) and Amount and then the Balance column.   Don't use the single Amount column.  Delete that column and just use the other 2 columns.

• Is there a way to reorder the columns in the registry?
  • Thanks for the quick response VolvoGirl
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    No.  You can only change from 1 row to 2 rows.  Oh you can change the memo column.

You can switch the memo and category fields by going to Edit  - Preferences - Register.  There is a checkbox "Show memo before category".  There is also one for "Show date before check number".  Other than adding or removing columns altogether, those are the only things you can move around.

You can also change from a 1 line display to a 2 line display or back. To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to reorder the columns in the registry?
    These are the only options for that:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Register:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I meant drag them from one position to another within the registry. In other programs you can grab the left or right border of the column header and reposition it. Like in excel
  • Thanks Anyway Chris
  • volvogirl
    No, not in the Windows Quicken program, maybe Mac.  You can drag the line between the column headings to make the column longer or smaller.  That's all.  

• Im aware of that. I want to arrange the columns the way I want to see them. Not the way quicken wants to have me see them. Thanks again
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Quicken Mac does have it. But also it doesn't have two line mode.

Quicken Mac was rewritten and as much newer GUI interface.
    But I also notice that the Quicken Mac developers are pushing back on the customers trying to get them to make the register do things that aren't built-in to the standard GUI API widgets.

From what I can see Quicken Windows register is a highly customized set of widgets that go way back.
    Doing such customizing has its pluses and minuses.  And this is one of them.  It isn't easy for them to do drag and drop column moving.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks for the response. That is very disheartening. It looks like it is very old and does not use the latest technologies as many other applications do. Thanks again.Steve
This discussion has been closed.