Since Paypal has gone to EWC+ (I believe), will my account stay forever as XXpaypaletc

Options
MrZipp
MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
Or can I change it? Seems unfinished?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, PayPal converted from EWC to EWC+ last spring (Mar or Apr, I can't remember which).  In your PayPal account register, beneath the account name, it should show which connection method the account is set up for.  Does it show "Express Web Connect+"?
    Where are you getting the "XXpaypaletc" from?  Is that the account name in Quicken, the Financial Institution shown in Quicken or...?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All my EWC+ accounts - both Chase and PayPal - had their login IDs as displayed by Quicken changed to show "XX" prefixes.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    All my EWC+ accounts - both Chase and PayPal - had their login IDs as displayed by Quicken changed to show "XX" prefixes.

Is this pic from OSU Settings?
    My OSU setting does not show any login IDs for any of my accounts except for Fidelity.
    My PayPal and Chase accounts are also now set up with EWC+ but there is no login ID information shown for them.  Then, again, whenever I set up an account for online services I always customize the account name so they don't show anything other than the account name I assign to them.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is interesting that they are showing the login names at all.  Most likely some "hold out information" from before the conversion.

Express Web Connect + works without usernames and passwords.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. Specifically, on my OSU list, the two Paypal accounts I have show as (xxmyemail@gmail.com). Both of these, along with most of the other accounts, show as EWC+ in the Account List section.

All is working well, as far as updates, it is just a curiosity as to why these two accounts still have the xx in the internal name. I did see this as other accounts, like PNC transitioned to EWC+.

I'll just let this go for now, since 'It ain't broke..."

MrZipp
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me, and maybe the others, the OSU entries display some weird account name, but the actual Quicken account displayed in all other screens is the user defined name… only OSU seems to use this weird internal text. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    For me, and maybe the others, the OSU entries display some weird account name, but the actual Quicken account displayed in all other screens is the user defined name… only OSU seems to use this weird internal text. 
    For me, OSU Settings shows simply "PayPal" which is the Account Name I have set up for it.  It is also, my only PayPal account.  The same goes for Chase.  Both accounts are now set up with EWC+ and in OSU Settings there is no discernible difference in how EWC and EWC+ FIs are displayed.
    But, with Fidelity I have multiple accounts and 2 different UserID setups...all are set up with DC.  In OSU Settings they show as "Fidelity" followed by the UserID in paranthesis.

It seems that perhaps these "weird account names" might be just a means by which Quicken seeks to distinguish multiple-users FI setups. From looking at the picture you posted above it appears that perhaps that is also the situation with you.
    @MrZipp - Do you now or have you ever had multiple PayPal accounts with different OSU UserID setups?

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have 2 - mine and my wife's Paypal.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    MrZipp said:
    I have 2 - mine and my wife's Paypal.
    Thanks for confirming.  That's one more piece of information indicating that the weird OSU Settings names displayed is perhaps an intentional design thing to show differentiation between the same FI but with different online user accounts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    here is my OSU - R43.26 -
    None of these names are the actual Quicken Account names, as I add "DC, EWC, etc) as a suffix.
    Schwab - are two different SSN accounts.
    Same with Chase - one ID has only checking, and another ID has JT accts, CC, etc with another person.
    Fidelity - different IRAs for different folks.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have 11 FI's I DL, (Schwab (7 accounts), PNC (2accounts) , and others , and none have any extra info after the name. The 2 Paypal accounts show this way - Paypal(xxemailname.com).

As I mentioned earlier, all is working, just looks funny that these two are different.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    MrZipp said:
    I have 11 FI's I DL, (Schwab (7 accounts), PNC (2accounts) , and others , and none have any extra info after the name. The 2 Paypal accounts show this way - Paypal(xxemailname.com).

As I mentioned earlier, all is working, just looks funny that these two are different.
    You have already confirmed that with PayPal you download both your PayPal account with your login information and your wife's PayPal account with your wife's login information.  So there are 2 different PayPal setups for OSU.
    Do these other DLs you mention here have just one OSU setup for each Financial Instution or do they have multiple OSU setups for each Financial Institution?  If they have just one, then I would not expect to see them looking like the PayPal accounts look.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The other FIs just have one setup (like Schwab). Paypal has two.
This discussion has been closed.