Pending transaction displayed

Options
Gopher651
Gopher651 Member ✭✭
I recently updated my connection to BOA. All seemed to go good. I have 5 accounts. My credit card has a pending transaction as shown on bank website. This transaction is a hold until cost is determined. It usually changes once cost us determined. Quicken mobile shows the transaction as not reviewed with a small hourglass by the blue dot. Quicken Windows doesn't show the transaction at all and is what I am expecting since the charge is pending. I have reset my online data and synced both ways. The transaction doesn't
push back to Windows. Why would a pending charge show in mobile and why is mobile different than Windows and what does the hourglass mean?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Mark1104,

Which version of Quicken are you running (on your "PC version")?  If you are running a recent release (i.e. 44-XX ) - you have the option of showing - or not showing - pending transactions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is even worse this morning. I now find a pending deposit of $2000 (actually a valid deposit) showing as unclear and not reconciled in balance but an adjustment for the same amount was made on the opening balance from 5 years ago so my actual balance is short the pending amount. Luckily my computer file doesn't reflect all this. I guess there's a reason why app store reviews are so bad. This app is a joke.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also use Bank of America.  Just updated the connect this morning.  It appears that all 'soft post' transactions from either checking or the credit card appear in Quicken as a 'pending' transaction, with no way to turn them off. 

I do not see them appearing in the reconcile screens.  are you sure? (on the PC version; I do not use the  mobile version)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Mark1104,

Which version of Quicken are you running (on your "PC version")?  If you are running a recent release (i.e. 44-XX ) - you have the option of showing - or not showing - pending transactions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx
    - well after searching for 30 minutes I finally found it.  why the heck would there be two SMALL dropdowns at the bottom of the register both related to pending transactions? 

And if you do a search of the help section, it states it is to be released feature and not currently available.  

Really poor design and poor implementation.  
This discussion has been closed.