Scheduled Bills and income being entered in main account when not set too.

Options
I think since the last update bill and income reminders are being entered into main register when set to be a reminder only.
Bills/incomes shown at bottom of screen in Red and same transaction shown also in the main register which is crazy.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for posting the picture.  Those Reminder entries are confusing because some have "overdue" and others show no status.  Also, there is one Reminder entry dated 23/09/2023 that is "overdue"...huh?  I'll need to think some more about that.
    But to get these Reminders to no longer show up in your account register prior to your manually entering them:  Toward the right above the register, next to the Gear icon, there should be a Clock icon with a downward pointing triangle on the right side of it.  Click on that Clock icon and make sure Don't show reminders is selected.
    If you do not see the Clock icon, click on the Gear icon instead.  Then click on Reminders to show in register and then select Don't show reminders.
    Does this resolve the register issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Are you seeing something like this?  (If you do not have the column to the left of Date with the blue dot in the column header in the Account Register, click on the upper right Gear icon > Register Columns > check the box for Status > Done.)
    If so, what do you see noted in the Status column and the column with the blue dot for the Reminder transactions at issue? 

• Brian130
    Brian130 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    I see this (att) but I do not want anything showing in the register until I enter it manually as I used to do. (I did not know about this column till you mentioned it)
    Entries are still shown in Red as in your illustration.
    Program never used to do this and I have been using for many years.
    Any advice gratefully received.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for posting the picture.  Those Reminder entries are confusing because some have "overdue" and others show no status.  Also, there is one Reminder entry dated 23/09/2023 that is "overdue"...huh?  I'll need to think some more about that.
    But to get these Reminders to no longer show up in your account register prior to your manually entering them:  Toward the right above the register, next to the Gear icon, there should be a Clock icon with a downward pointing triangle on the right side of it.  Click on that Clock icon and make sure Don't show reminders is selected.
    If you do not see the Clock icon, click on the Gear icon instead.  Then click on Reminders to show in register and then select Don't show reminders.
    Does this resolve the register issue for you?

• Brian130
    Brian130 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think your advice has worked I never noticed that setting. Because of a PC problem I had to reformat then reinstall with Win 11. After re installing Quicken I used a saved backup file I guess some settings were changed somehow.
    I looked at lots of settings but not the one you gave me I assumed that would delete/not show all the reminders.

Thank you very much indeed for your brilliant and very clear assistance.
    Best wishes
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    You are welcome.  I'm glad to hear it worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.