Can Investment Tab Screen be set to only show current position 'Income'?

BBG
BBG Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Investing (Windows)
If one had a prior position in TICKER, sells it, and buys TICKER again days or years later, Quicken includes all previous TICKER income in the Investment Tab screen 'Income' column.  Is there a way to set Quicken so it only includes information for the current position?  Including income from now closed positions may suit some but I want to see the P/L and ROI etc of current lots, as it does with capital gain/loss.   For example, I just added a position in previously closed out TICKER and it includes all past income from prior positions since closed out.  If it cannot be done it would be a good feature to add.   If I missed it thanks for pointing me to it.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Not to my knowledge.

But the column does consider the starting date as defined under the Options selection for Portfolio preference.  Normally that is set to Earliest available date.  If you set it to 1/1/2022 (for example), you would get this year's Income.  Maybe helpful?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can set the Estimated annual income for each of your securities in $/share and Quicken will compute that based on your current holdings.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    Nice workaround suggestions but when there are 30+ securities, some repetitive some decadal holdings, seems the good folks at Quicken should consider adding the feature. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BBG said:
    Nice workaround suggestions but when there are 30+ securities, some repetitive some decadal holdings, seems the good folks at Quicken should consider adding the feature. 
    You can suggest it by going to the forum Home page and then selecting New Post -> New Idea.
    That is how they take suggestions since people can vote on Idea threads.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Risetowin
    Risetowin Member
    It is a tragic that this issue has been on the table for so long and there is no movement on this capability. I keep my estimated dividend income in an excel spreadsheet while all the data necessary to make this computation is in Quicken. What is wrong with the development team?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW and for general reference:  @BBG did initiate an Idea post on this that got merged into this idea:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7667979/add-a-net-amount-invested-column-and-calculate-roi-using-the-net-amount-updated-title

This discussion has been closed.