After BOA Connection Change Transaction Downloads

After the BOA connection type change, no updates (date, amount, etc.) to previously downloaded transactions from BOA to Quicken register is occurring. I schedule my future payments thru BOA website, then run account update in Quicken for those transactions to be added to my register. The original transaction will download, but not any changes/updates after that. This impacts my Quicken register as the changed information is not there, nor is account balance correct.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to sync the bill payment information to Quicken is a Direct Connect only feature.
    Express Web Connect + only supports downloading the transactions once they clear the financial institution.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/managing-bank-bill-pay-and-transfers-after-direct-connect-discontinuation
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tamra hatch
    tamra hatch Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I update the connection type when prompted, it doesn't update those transactions that are in the future. Unless I change the connection to direct type each time will it update. This is very frustrating as I have for years seen the future transactions to see what is being paid. Is this going to be an ongoing thing with Quicken? In order to see future transactions in BOA to change the connection type to Direct?
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    After I enter a new scheduled payment in the BOA Bill Pay site, these scheduled payments are not downloaded.  Best I can tell, I must now duplicate/manually enter any payments in both BOA and Quicken for my Quicken Register to properly show balances in the future.  Hopefully when the payment actually CLEARS it will show in the BOA download and (hopefully) find the payment info correctly (and not duplicate it again)...time will tell.  This is becoming a very ugly process and greatly reduces the value of Quicken for me.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Art Masson I would recommend using Reminders for your BoA payments. Reminders are very useful for forecasting. 
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭

I've used Quicken since 2004.  Yes, that's the only way to keep my register updated (dual manual updates now required).  I could start using Quicken's Bill pay process..but I don't want to pay for this, so I'll now evaluate if it's worth continuing to use Quicken going forward.

• Shreeram
    Shreeram Member
    Agree with Geoff G. If this is some kind of new revenue plan by Quicken it will backfire. I can manually load my monthly bills due in a ledger with a pencil and paper.
This discussion has been closed.