Discover Card transactions are no longer downloading

Options
13»

Comments

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I just realized that Discover transactions have not downloaded since 11/20. I didn't notice this because of the OSU summary, that had NO indication of an issue. I noticed it because I periodically run my report for uncleared transactions. When I did an UPDATE, I got a cc-800. Very strange since no errors were encountered since 11/20. I did a "Fix It" from the update summary and all transactions downloaded. I suspect this will be haunting me for a while. I have not been able to resolve cc-800 errors for quite some time. And don't suggest the same old resolution of deactivating, re-adding... Never works. 
    QHB&RP R45.13
    Windows 10 PRO 22H2 current.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For me also, Discover CARD and all Chase accounts have not worked under Express Web Connect.  Resetting Chase worked a few days one account at a time - and then came a new version of QW and that broke too.  For Discover, I have to manually enter any and all transactions into QW.  For Chase, I can download 3 QFX files (each a separate account), import them, then I have to quit QW, restart, and do 3 more.  Loads of fun wasting my time like that.  I thought that QW was supposed to do this for me!
  • bill.cargill
    Options
    My institution is Discover card. I was able to download transactions from 12/9 to present, but not from 11/2 to 12/9
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only has it not worked for me in months, unless I block it from trying, it either adds 20 minutes to OSU, or it causes QWP to hang.  So after reading your comment, I decided to try again.  I've been manually entering transactions.  First thing I found - Quicken decided that Discover Card was part of Chase.  Lovely.  So I've changed it back to hmm, Discover Card.  It screwed up the one outstanding transaction.  And then I found that a Chase credit card was deactivated.  Fixed that (sort of, since Chase is still broken in Q).  Then a Citi credit card turned up deactivated.

I have to say that Quicken Windows and the Q servers are quite creative.  They switch cards with each other, deactivate, reactivate accounts we no longer use...  It creates opening balances where there were none, deletes transactions, moves them between FI's and accounts, duplicates them.  It's become a full time job just keeping it all straight.  Not exactly what it's meant to be.

This discussion has been closed.