Discover Card transactions are no longer downloading

Options
I was notified to re-authorize to Discover and now my Discover Card transactions are not downloading. I have deactivated and reactivated the account and have also tried to reset the account with no success. The Discover Savings account seems to be working fine. All other accounts seem to update fine. I have not been able to download transactions since 9/23 in my Discover Card account. Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @JayRowHiTop,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Discover account(s). 

Before I can further assist you, I require more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions to your Discover Card account? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Lenis
    Lenis Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I try to download my account for options I get PDF, Excel or CSV. They say "into your Personal Financial Management Software. Select a download option below". Discover says it is a Quicken problem that you won't take a QXV file anymore.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lenis said:
    I have the same problem. When I try to download my account for options I get PDF, Excel or CSV. They say "into your Personal Financial Management Software. Select a download option below". Discover says it is a Quicken problem that you won't take a QXV file anymore.
    Why would the Discover people say it is a Quicken problem when their site no longer allows downloading of a QFX file.  How is Quicken suppose to affect their site?

The truth is that Discover dropped Web Connect (downloading a QFX file) when they dropped Direct Connect.

Your choices are to go to Express Web Connect or use a program to convert from Excel/CSV to either a QFX or QIF file that Quicken can import.

You can do that with my free program called ImportQIF if you like.
    You will find it here: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BLStrong
    BLStrong Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes... same problem for me. I accidentally posted this in the Mac section. I'll just repost here to acknowledge another user with the same issue.

As of today, I am no longer able to select QFX as a download file type when viewing my Discover Card activity for download into Quicken (windows). 1-click update does not work either ... it just stalls. Any help or suggestions - they would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • mok543210
    mok543210 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • arless
    arless Member ✭✭
    Options
    same here!
  • arless
    arless Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just found a solution from member "DubKell" under the post entitled "Problem reauthorizing Discover accounts" -- seems to have worked for me, at least.
  • JayRowHiTop
    JayRowHiTop Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello @JayRowHiTop,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Discover account(s). 
    >
    > Before I can further assist you, I require more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions to your Discover Card account? Do you receive any error codes or messages?
    >
    > I am looking forward to hearing your response!

I do not receive any error messages or anything. It just never downloads any of the recent transactions.
  • JayRowHiTop
    JayRowHiTop Member ✭✭
    Options
    It shows that it has connected and downloaded but I still have no transactions after 9/23.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    MCarmack said:
    @Chris_QPW - Mine is apparently so broken that it won't even import a QFX file. For my Chase problems, I just tried downloading the missing transactions directly from Chase...Quicken just says "0 transactions imported". Last week it wouldn't even let me drag the file into the dialog box...so, so broken.
    Try Importing into a new data file as a test.  It sounds like you have already downloaded these transactions into that file/account.   Quicken will not download the same transactions into the same account even if you delete them.
    Signature:
  • Popsie 405
    Options
    I just got off the phone with a customer service representative for Discover Card. I was told that Discover is no longer supported by Quicken. Told her that as a Discover Card customer; that I was very displeased in the total lack of communications.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    OK, a very experienced Quicken user just told me that I was right.  Discovery dropped support for Web Connect (downloading and importing a QFX file).  They also dropped Direct Connect, but they still support Express Web Connect.  You should make sure that you have "reauthorized" or deactivated and setup the online service again to make sure you have changed over to Express Web Connect.

As for not downloading transactions if you are on Express Web Connect.  I do see many reports of people having problems with Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + where they have changed over and have no errors, but no transactions are downloading.  If this is happening to you I suggest you contact Quicken Support: Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community

EDIT Make sure you account(s) are using Express Web Connect, if it isn't then you certainly will not get any transactions.  You can see what it is using for a connection method by looking at the top left of the account register.

As for for Chase importing of Web Connect/QFX files.  He also pointed out that it is working fine for him.  Chase has not dropped Web Connect/QFX files, at least not at this point.
    Signature:
  • Popsie 405
    Options
    I contacted Discover again this afternoon and talked with a Customer Service representative in Utah. I asked the question: "Has Discover decided to discontinue using Quicken to download transaction?" Her first answer was "Not that I am aware of!" I explained all the issues that I was having that there seem to be a total lack of Discover representatives knowledge of what was happening. I asked her to investigate. She came back and said that this is not totally true. She said that you could connect using web express!
    I told her that Discover had a serious communication problem with their customers. I never receive any information from them and it seemed that Discover account manager were not advised of the changes because everyone seem to have an issue with what was communicated to them. Very poor communication on the part of Discover Card.
  • MJones
    MJones Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Both my Chase account and Discover accounts made me re-authorize and now neither one will download transactions. I tried to deactivate & reconnect my Discover card several times. It continues to tell me transactions were last downloaded through Express Wed Connect as of today's date, but there are nothing is actually loading.
  • Jammer133
    Jammer133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I already had Express Web Connect for my Discover Card, and it only downloaded three transactions (should have been much more) and is basically missing the last month. I tried the "Reset Account" method and it said it downloaded the last 90 days, but actually nothing new was downloaded.
  • MRA930
    MRA930 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue with no new downloads since 9/23. I do not get any error messages and it say 2 accounts updated with 0 transactions. The 2 accounts are discover card and discover bank savings. Frustrating!!!

I saw Bruce’s suggestion, did you only need to deactivate from Discover Card or from discover bank savings as well?
  • mok543210
    mok543210 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did the card first and did not have to do the bank after that. Discover now updates with two lines, one for the card and one for the savings account.
  • TommyD3
    TommyD3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem.
    I had to use the "Add Account" tool and specify "Discover Card" with my credentials.
    It found my account and I was able to link it to my existing Discover Credit Card account in Quicken.
    Now downloads are working again !!!
  • K-dub
    K-dub Member ✭✭
    Options
    My experience is that the Reauthorization didn't work - at all. Nothing happened. When I deactivated and then reactivated, the account was found and linked, and the connection method correctly changed, but no downloads occurred - even though Quicken reported success and didn't throw an error.

I've tried the other suggestions ... but the downloads say they're happening fine, but they're not downloading; the balance remains the same as it was since 9/28/22 - the last day of direct connect.

I JUST tried to establish a NEW account in Quicken (w/ a different name, not linked to the existing account), but ALL I got - even though it was the CORRECT BALANCE, was ... the balance. NO INDIVIDUAL transactions downloaded.

What I will likely do is link a closure of the old account to the new one, and manually add the missing transactions since 9/28/22 to "bring the new account up to speed". Then I can cross my fingers and pray that downloads will resume accurrately with the new account.

As a long time Quicken faithful user, I understand these things periodically arise, but in the conversion to the subscription model, with its ongoing higher cost, losing facilities is not something one expects and these workarounds are less than satisfactory solutions.
  • JayRowHiTop
    JayRowHiTop Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I did as suggested, deactivated my Discover account, then added a new account from Discovercard.com, not Discoverbank.com, and linked it to my existing Discover Card account, and it seems to be working correctly now. Appreciate all the help from the forum!
  • sjm66
    sjm66 Member
    Options
    FINALLY my Discover transactions DID download. I have been using Express Web Connect so did not understand why transactions for only my Discover account have not been downloading using One Step Update. This is what I did: Clicked on Tools, Account List. Found Discover in the list and clicked on EDIT, Online Services. Then i clicked on Reset Account. Then I clicked on Download and Import Transactions. It worked!
  • MRA930
    MRA930 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"MRA930 " said:
    > I am having the same issue with no new downloads since 9/23. I do not get any error messages and it say 2 accounts updated with 0 transactions. The 2 accounts are discover card and discover bank savings. Frustrating!!!
    >
    > I saw Bruce’s suggestion, did you only need to deactivate from Discover Card or from discover bank savings as well?

It worked, deactivated discover card and changed the financial institution from discover bank to discover card.
  • DJok
    DJok Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @JayRowHiTop said:> Thanks for the help. I did as suggested, deactivated my Discover account, then added a new account from Discovercard.com, not Discoverbank.com, and linked it to my existing Discover Card account, and it seems to be working correctly now. Appreciate all the help from the forum!

Finally! For the last several days, ever since reauthorizing to use Express Web Connect, when trying to update my Discover account I would get the correct online balance, but not the individual transactions. I tried everything Quicken suggested and wasted close to an hour with a Quicken rep only to get yelled at when I asked him to explain something a second time. I should've come here first. I did as was suggested above and finally got the individual transactions.
  • JohnS956
    JohnS956 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks DJok. Adding it as a new account fixed for me
  • ukarnaj
    ukarnaj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions here!! I will look and see what method i am set up for. I am having multiple issues with multiple institutions. i think Q made a change that institutions are choosing not to support (for more than one institution, i've had to do a reauthorization that included linking to the institution's site. Thanks again for sharing the solutions you've had!
  • k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, I was also able to get things to work by switching to "Discover Card".

I had to deactivate my Discover Credit Card on-line account in Quicken. Then, went to "add new account" (clicking the big + sign), and selected "Discover Card" (instead of "Discover Bank").

Got connected up that way, and it actually downloaded transactions again!

Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.