Status icons seem to have stopped working

sduck
sduck Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
Version 6.9.0 (Build 609.45401.100) - desktop version, running in macOS 12.6.

Bank of America, US version

Status icons - those little brown or blue pencils over on the left - have just stopped appearing completely. Or changing to the proper blue icons after clearing the bank and I've updated the accounts online. If I right click on that field and choose not reviewed (for instance) I can get them to turn to the brown, uncleared state, but that's not what I want or what should be happening - if they've cleared the bank, I want them blue, and choosing reviewed doesn't create a blue pencil, it just doesn't do anything.

I suspect this has something to do with the recent changes in the Bank of America online communication methods with quicken - but how can i get quicken to fix this?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    I can't say for sure if you are indeed having issues, but those icons work a little bit differently than you are expecting:

Orange/Brown pencil=manually entered transaction
    Blue Pencil=a downloaded transaction has matched to one you manually entered (previously orange). (Yes, it is technically cleared because of the match, but that isn't the purpose of the pencil icon here.
    Blue Dot=downloaded
    Blank=Reviewed (or, manually entered in cases the account is not setup for online access)

The Cleared (Clr) column (if you have chosen to have it displayed) has the cleared status with three states: uncleared (unchecked), cleared (blue checkmark), Reonciled (green w/white checkmark)

I hope this helps determine if you do indeed have an issue after the switchover at BOA.

• sduck
    sduck Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification about the color/icons! Yes, I was unsure about what some of these meant.

The problem I seem to be having is that sometimes these icons are not behaving as you describe, although they used to work correctly until fairly recently. Manually entered transactions currently all displaying as blank (in the status column) until I click on them and select the Not Reviewed option at which time they change to brown (and yes, the account is set up for online access). And I have one pesky transaction that has gotten it's status stuck - despite having cleared the bank, and showing as cleared in the CLR column, it's still brown.

I had a chat session with support this morning, and apparently I'm not the only having this issue, so hopefully it'll get fixed in an update. Not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.
  • jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    sduck said:
    And I have one pesky transaction that has gotten it's status stuck - despite having cleared the bank, and showing as cleared in the CLR column, it's still brown.
    The CLR column and the Status column work independently. A transaction's Status icon doesn't change because it clears the bank (or is marked manually cleared).

A few additional things to note:
    • If an account is not connected for downloading, manually-entered transactions will not show any icon in the Status column.
    • If you manually set a transaction status to Flag for Review, it gets the brown pencil icon. You can add or remove the brown icon by clicking the transaction in the Status column and selecting Flag for Review or Mark as Reviewed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993