Unable to clear downloaded transaction in 401k account

Options
toekneel02
toekneel02 Member ✭✭
I've had this issue for the last few months with my 401k account. The error message says:
Quicken can not edit <account name here> because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register. This took me to this link: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913856/how-to-delete-downloaded-transactions-from-the-online-center which seemed to touch on the problem but did not help to resolve it.

I've followed all of the suggested items here. I cannot figure out what transaction is stuck. I reconciled the account and marked all items as cleared, but that didn't help any. All of the buttons mentioned as possibly being greyed out I have not been able to locate in my Quicken (Version R43.2 Build 27.1.43.20). I have just taken my first 401k withdrawal and I'm guessing it must have something to do with that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• toekneel02
    toekneel02 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally was able today to work with an agent to resolve this issue. After starting with a chat session, she turned to giving me a phone call and was able to get this fixed. Here is essentially what resolved the issue: Went to TOOLS, ACCOUNTS and then selected the account that was giving me my error. From there, I clicked on the small blue highlighted item indicating that automatic entry was ON and changed it to OFF. Once I closed that, the entries I couldn't find appeared in the register as downloaded items. I handled those and the problem cleared up.
This discussion has been closed.