Discover Card - No longer has .QFX download

Options
A few days ago on 9-28-2022 I was able to download transactions from Discover, but they would not import into Quicken {Error code [CC-885]}.

Now on 10-1-2022, Discover now longer has download .QFX as an option (only .PDF, Excel or .CSV) available on their website.

To me the consumer, it is extremely frustrating to have a common credit card that doesn't work with a common financial software and/or a common financial software that doesn't work with a common credit card.

I don't know if this permanent or temporary and/or if one party isn't playing "nice" with the other. Figure it out, and please publicly post to the consumers what's going on.

Nothing is more frustrating than when something that used to work doesn't anymore.

Comments

• falconrules
    Options
    Was able to download transactions "directly" in Quicken.

As noted on a separate post under a similar heading -- do NOT like having to supply username/password through Quicken.

I gladly took the extra step of downloading a separate file to import rather than have login information shared through more services, and would strongly have preferred that option continue,
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has been reported that Discovery has dropped both Direct Connect and Web Connect(downloading a QFX file), only Express Web Connect remains.  And yes, this is permanent.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Concur with Chris_QPW's statements.
    Discover (bank & card) have dropped Direct Connect AND Web Connect (probably done by the same program/server) and Express Web Connect is the sole remaining download method that is native to Quicken.
    I have transitioned all of my Discover accounts to .QIF file import using ImportQIF available free from Chris_QPW at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  The only downloads available now are .CSV and Excel, I do CSV and ImportQIF converts it to .QIF.  Works great for me.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sumfun
    Sumfun Member ✭✭
    Options
    What about MAC users?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your only choice would be to use Express Web Connect, since QIF imports are not possible.  You can thank Discover for forcing you into this situation.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.