Discover files to Quicken

Options
georgeh43
georgeh43 Member ✭✭
When I went to download my credit card transactions from Discover to Quicken it only gave choices for PDF, Excel or CSV...no qfx. I called them up at Discover and they said there was a problem and they stopped qfx on I think 9/27. They gave me a link to Quicken support. I have several other accounts and there was no problem downloading. I wonder if I could download an excel file and then import to Quicken....problably not.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have not already done so you might want to read this Announcement:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920531/discover-direct-connect-discontinuation.
    Inside this Announcement are links to a Support Article and an Alert post that you might want to read, as well.
    BTW, if you were trying to manually download from Discover via Web Connect I noticed in the FIDIR list that Discover does not or no longer supports Web Connect, as well.  (You had mentioned expecting to see a QFX download format which is what is used with Web Connect.) 
    If you want to download from Discover it looks like only Express Web Connect is now supported by them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have not already done so you might want to read this Announcement:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920531/discover-direct-connect-discontinuation.
    Inside this Announcement are links to a Support Article and an Alert post that you might want to read, as well.
    BTW, if you were trying to manually download from Discover via Web Connect I noticed in the FIDIR list that Discover does not or no longer supports Web Connect, as well.  (You had mentioned expecting to see a QFX download format which is what is used with Web Connect.) 
    If you want to download from Discover it looks like only Express Web Connect is now supported by them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Download CSV, use ImportQIF to convert to a QIF file and then import it into Quicken.
    Find ImportQIF (free) at www.quicknperlwiz.com.
    I personally use it since I don't use Express Web Connect and ImportQIF works great.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• quickmiik
    quickmiik Member
    Options
    too bad
This discussion has been closed.