Reconcile is using "available" balance instead of "current" Firstbank of Colorado

Options
bmtndog
bmtndog Member ✭✭
I am having problems reconciling a checking account with Firstbank of Colorado. This started recently after earlier connection problems seemed solved. During reconcile, the online balance is shown as the "available" balance instead of the "current" balance. Non-cleared transactions are included and so the reconcile won't balance.

I see there is an ongoing problems with Firstbank called an "OLB" issue. What does that mean? Is OLB "on-line balance", if so then this is likely a known issue. If not, I'd like to make Quicken aware of this issue and find out if it is the software or the bank.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking in Quicken's fidir file I see that Firstbank of Colorado uses Express Web Connect (EWC) as their downloading method. 
    With EWC the financial institution is supposed to notify Quicken if they change anything at their web site that would affect how Quicken gathers the information it needs.  Sometimes the financial institution fails to do this, so my guess is that something changed on Firstbank of Colorado's side, something that wasn't communicated to Quicken, so Quicken is looking at the wrong spot of their site and picking up the wrong number.
    I'd advise contacting Official Quicken Support directly with this problem (https://www.quicken.com/support#windows) because if my guess is correct then only Quicken can fix it.
  • bmtndog
    bmtndog Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks Tom, well I just spent about 1/2-hour on chat support and was, at the end of lengthy discussion, told that Quicken now uses the “available” balance from the bank (which includes pending, uncleared transactions) as the online balance during reconciliation. That would be daffy, so I guess the agent got bad info and wanted to get rid of me. Am I wrong thinking that it would be crazy to use the “available” balance instead of the “current” balance of cleared transactions to reconcile?

This issue started about 3 weeks ago after Quicken resolved some connectivity (OLB) errors. So, something changed with that.

Am going to try phone support now. In for a long wait.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "told that Quicken now uses the “available” balance from the bank (which includes pending, uncleared transactions) as the online balance during reconciliation."
    That makes no sense.
This discussion has been closed.