Why no "Scheduled Transction View" on Mac like Windows has?

Options
radcapitalist
radcapitalist Member ✭✭
Sometimes I wonder if the Quicken for Mac developers sit around thinking: What are the really helpful features of Quicken for Windows? Let's make sure we *don't* include those on Quicken for Mac!

The view of scheduled transactions that Quicken for Windows has is an example. Incredibly useful view that I used to use every time I used Quicken. Now, on Mac, that is missing, and the Projected Balances view on Bills and Income is a joke compared to what Quicken for Windows has.

Why can't you just give us this view on the Mac?

Best Answer

• radcapitalist
    radcapitalist Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    QWin has a simple window with a list of every scheduled transaction, making it easy to find, edit, and delete any of your scheduled bills.

You know, looking at Bills and Income again, the Bills page and Income page may be what I need. That seems to have the same information as what the QWin view has. Thanks for making me take a second look.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    On the top row of buttons, select Home. Then on the row below that, select Overview. On the Overview is a list of Upcoming Bills & Income which includes all your scheduled transactions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I don't use the QWin version. What is missing from Projected Balances that you have on QWin?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • radcapitalist
    radcapitalist Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    QWin has a simple window with a list of every scheduled transaction, making it easy to find, edit, and delete any of your scheduled bills.

You know, looking at Bills and Income again, the Bills page and Income page may be what I need. That seems to have the same information as what the QWin view has. Thanks for making me take a second look.
  • radcapitalist
    radcapitalist Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Jon I don't like the Overview/Upcoming as well, because you can't edit from there (at least it's not obvious). From Bills and Income Bills or Income, I can edit the reminders. That's what I had not found.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if it wasn't for Quicken Windows long history, some of the things the Quicken Windows developers have done lately would be a joke too.  In fact, depending on what one needs Quicken Mac probably has a "smarter" development group from what I can tell as a Quicken Windows only user, that has followed Quicken Mac threads for quite sometime.

For instance, this is very old feature in Quicken Windows.

And here is the "modern" version:

On the project balances.  Frankly from what I have heard the two development groups should get together and share ideas because on the Windows side people have requested a "net line" that combines the different accounts, which I believe Quicken Mac has, but Quicken Windows doesn't.  One the other hand from what I understand Quicken Windows ability to show whatever accounts the user wants as individual lines is very useful too.
    The main view looks like this:

But what I have been using for cash flow (basically just making sure my checking account has enough to pay the automatic bills) is in the old customizable Home tab, which only has the top part of this.

Which brings me to another "modern" "joke" this is their new dashboard that I guess they thought would somehow replace the old (but hasn't yet):

The main thing to understand here is that is all of the possible "snapshots" you can have.  When they first introduced them you couldn't customize them at all. Now they are marginally customizable and you can hide the ones you don't want.  There is only one of these views.

The old system can have multiple "views" each customized individually:

And the different, more customizable "snapshot widgets" you can select:

There are 43 of these.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.