No more QFX???

Options
Verbivore
Verbivore Member ✭✭
Went to download transactions from Discover card and there is no QFX option any longer. Is there another way to get transactions into Quicken without giving them my login credentials? Sorry, but I just don't trust a product as buggy as Quicken with the keys to my bank accounts. What other options are there? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Discover discontinued support for Direct Connect (DC) on 9/27 and replaced it with support for Express Web Connect (EWC).  Unfortunately, what the announcements of this change did not say was that Discover also dropped support for Web Connect (WC) which is the process for manually downloading QFX files from the online Discover account.

Will WC support be offered, again, in the future?  I don't know but maybe someone else who does will pipe in here.

Since you do not want to use EWC for downloading transactions and unless/until WC support is added, again,  your options are:
    • Option 1:  If Discover offers downloads in QIF, CSV, Excel and/or OFX formats, you can try downloading in one or more of those formats.  Then download and install a program that will convert these formats into a QIF file that Quicken can then import.  A good converter program developed by a long-term Quicken user and used by many Quicken users is ImportQIF.  It is freeware and can be downloaded from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  I have not used it but many have said it works quite well.
    • Option 2:  You can manually enter transactions into the Discover account register.
    • Option 3:  You can stop using Discover and start using a different credit card that does support WC.
    Sorry, I don't know of any other options for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Discover discontinued support for Direct Connect (DC) on 9/27 and replaced it with support for Express Web Connect (EWC).  Unfortunately, what the announcements of this change did not say was that Discover also dropped support for Web Connect (WC) which is the process for manually downloading QFX files from the online Discover account.

Will WC support be offered, again, in the future?  I don't know but maybe someone else who does will pipe in here.

Since you do not want to use EWC for downloading transactions and unless/until WC support is added, again,  your options are:
    • Option 1:  If Discover offers downloads in QIF, CSV, Excel and/or OFX formats, you can try downloading in one or more of those formats.  Then download and install a program that will convert these formats into a QIF file that Quicken can then import.  A good converter program developed by a long-term Quicken user and used by many Quicken users is ImportQIF.  It is freeware and can be downloaded from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  I have not used it but many have said it works quite well.
    • Option 2:  You can manually enter transactions into the Discover account register.
    • Option 3:  You can stop using Discover and start using a different credit card that does support WC.
    Sorry, I don't know of any other options for you.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    FYI:  One of the other SuperUsers told me that for his Discover card he is currently using Option 1 of my previous post.  He downloads the transactions in CSV format, uses ImportQIF to convert that into a QIF file and then imports the QIF file into Quicken.  He said "it works like a charm."

• Verbivore
    Verbivore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'd rather not go to #3 and #2 sounds like a lot of work. #1 looks like the most viable and I may give it a try.
    Also found this article:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920861/discover-files-to-quicken
This discussion has been closed.