ewc+ problems

Options
cooldad
cooldad Member
After switching to the new EWC+ the register gets all jacked up. Not sure what the problem is.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cooldad said:
    After switching to the new EWC+ the register gets all jacked up. Not sure what the problem is.
    Hello @cooldad

I am sorry about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community.

First, what financial institution is associated with the affected account(s)? Also, can you provide us with more information about what you're noticing inside the register, itself? Lastly, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do you mean by "all jacked up"?  Please provide more details about this, including the Financial Institution, the type of account, some description of what you are seeing, etc. 
    You can also take a screen shot of it, if appropriate, and save it as a picture file...make sure to black out any personal or confidential information.  Then you can click and drag it to the "Leave a Comment" field so we can see what you are talking about.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what bank ?
    There is/was a bug where the Register "opening balance" was beng changed,
    which of course would mess up the current/ending balance

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • nancyfleischman
    Options
    OK, so Bank of America, not Quicken, discontinued the old protocol for connecting between the two. I got an announcement in Quicken and wasn't given a choice whether or not to convert my Quicken Visa account to EWC+. My existing Visa/Bank of America credit card account in Quicken still appears in the account list, but a new Visa/Bank of America credit card was automatically added to Quicken.
    Some already cleared transactions appeared in the new Visa account, some are in both Visa accounts, and new charges to the Visa card aren't appearing in either account in Quicken. So my registers are a mess, and I can't find a way of combining them.
    In addition I no longer can pay my Visa/Bank of American credit card bill though Quicken; Bank of America rejected the payment that I tried to schedule for next week.
    Questions:
    Must I manually enter into Quicken all future charges to my Visa/Bank of American credit card?
    Must I pay this credit card bill with a paper check or via a bill payment from my checking account, either of which will have to be manually added to Quicken?
    How can I combine the 2 Visa accounts that now exist in Quicken so I only have 1 Quicken Visa account?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Must I manually enter into Quicken all future charges to my Visa/Bank of American credit card?
    No, you can still download transactions via EWC+.
    Must I pay this credit card bill with a paper check or via a bill payment from my checking account, either of which will have to be manually added to Quicken?
    Yes. You will have to log in to your checking account's web site and initiate the payment from there if you don't want to write a paper check. Then you will have to manually enter that transaction into your checking account register in Quicken if you don't want to wait for that transaction to clear and subsequently download.
    How can I combine the 2 Visa accounts that now exist in Quicken so I only have 1 Quicken Visa account?
    I would revert to the most recent backup before the conversion and do one final download via Direct Connect by skipping the conversion at that time. Then re-do the conversion but be very careful to LINK the online account to your existing Quicken Visa account, thus preventing Quicken from creating a new account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• nancyfleischman
    Options
    Thanks for responding so quickly. How do I download transactions via EWC+? It's not working now to either Visa account.
    Instead of reverting to the most recent preconversion backup, could I just move the transactions from the new Visa account to the old Visa account and then delete the new Visa account? Going back to the 1st issue, how to I change the old Visa account so it downloads transactions from Bank of America?
    thanks
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
     How do I download transactions via EWC+? It's not working now to either Visa account.
    It should simply work. It does for me. Go into the Online Services tab of the Account Details dialog and make sure it says the account "is set up for transaction download" and "Connection Method: Express Web Connect+".
    Instead of reverting to the most recent preconversion backup, could I just move the transactions from the new Visa account to the old Visa account and then delete the new Visa account?
    Yes, you can do that if you prefer.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @nancyfleischman - You didn't say which version of Quicken you are running.  You can check it by going to Help > About Quicken.  If you are not running R44.20 or R44.23 you might want to consider updating to one of them because there have been a few hot fixes released recently to address issues some have had with getting EWC+ set up, including an issue where Quicken would set up a new account instead of providing the option to Link the setup download to the existing account. 
    If you want to update I would suggest you download and install the Mondo Patch from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.  It seems to me that updating with the Mondo Patch has been a bit more reliable than updating the version from within Quicken.

• nancyfleischman
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. I am running R44.23. Do you suggest that I still download/install the Mondo Patch?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions. I am running R44.23. Do you suggest that I still download/install the Mondo Patch?
    No, there is no need to do that.  I only suggested to do that if you had not already updated to R44.23.

This discussion has been closed.