Is it possible to restore a Quicken Mobile file to a desktop Mac computer?

Options
FrJno
FrJno Member
I lost all my data in a big Mac-mini crash. Is it possible to restore a Quicken Mobile file to a desktop Mac computer?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    No. Mobile only has a subset of data.

If you don't have a backup, you will need to start a new file.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'd say it's very questionable whether you'll be able to restore data from the Quicken cloud. It wasn't designed for this and has been impossible in the past. Recently, there's been an experimental feature added to allow users to start a new desktop file from their Cloud data, but user reports here seem to have had mostly failures.

This hidden feature in Quicken Mac is on the Let's Get Started page of the application (which you can get to if you do File > New). The hidden trick is holding down the Command key while selecting File > New. That reveals an additional option to start from a Quicken Cloud data file:

Note this option is labeled as "beta", so there's no guarantee it will work exactly as expected. And as I noted, a few people who have tried this and posted about it have reported it as not working. But if you have no backups whatsoever of your Mac, you can give this a try.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.