Cannot add a category to a transaction.

Options
Bione
Bione Member ✭✭✭
It appears that recently an issue has started to occur. If you add the first category to a downloaded transaction it is fine. If you try to add a second transaction category, that line just disappears. To get the line back you need to close and open the program. Started happening recently

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A transaction can only have a single category unless you are making it a split.
    Please describe in more detail what you are trying to do.
    Also need to specify what release of Quicken you are using. (Help->About Quicken)

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    For example 9 new transactions come in on my credit card. For the first I add the correct category for the transaction and save it. When I go to the second transaction and try to add the category, the complete transaction becomes a blank entry and the previous one. See picture. This appears to have started when the posted transactions began in the accounts.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this Quicken for Windows?
    Still need to know which version/release of Quicken you are using?
    I've never seen a register that looks like your posted images.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes Windows R44.23. The transactions are from a credit card with the full lines as shown without the errors. I just noticed that those transactions are completely gone now. Am going to have to restore from a backup and rebuild.
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I seem to recall there was a way to shut off downloading the pending transactions to the register. I read it somewhere but cannot find it in the online release notes.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bione it appears you are showing pending transactions in that register. Are you doing that on purpose? It's a brand new feature which may have introduced new bugs. If you don't need it, maybe try disabling it using the hourglass in the bottom balances row.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    See this whole thread for how to turn off pending transactions 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu

UPDATE  that wasn't the link I wanted to post.  I copied the link I wanted but it gave me a different one???

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Spent 90 minutes on the phone with support and they are working it. Basically, if I try setting or changing categories in a fully posted credit card transaction following some pending transactions, errors will occur. It appears turning off the pending transactions stops the problem.
This discussion has been closed.