3 months of transactions are missing in several BoA accounts in Quicken (Apr-Jul)

Options
debra1222
debra1222 Member
For several of my Bank of America accounts in Quicken, there are 3 months of missing transactions, resulting in large discrepancies between the bank's balances and Quicken balances.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Are you saying that 3 months of transactions were deleted? Or were you not using Quicken during that time? Most financial institutions will only download the past 90 days of transactions to Quicken. Some will allow you on their website to download a longer date range in Quicken/QFX format; I don't know if BoA offers this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • debra1222
    debra1222 Member
    Options
    I didn't delete 3 months of transactions. When I go through each BoA account's transactions, starting with the present and going back through 2022, I see a gap where there are no transactions in the Quicken BoA accounts from early April to July 5. There are entries both before and after those dates.
    I don't go into my Quicken files very often; in fact, months can go by. But I've not previously had a gap when I've clicked to update the accounts. In another account, with a Capital One credit card account, there are no entries after 6/24/22 despite having used the credit card and having updated the file.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @debra1222 You might have multiple different issues at play. If you didn't use Quicken for months, then the next time you used it, the transactions within the 90 day limit imposed by the bank might have resulted in a gap. And if there is an outage with a particular financial institution, the gap can grow wider. As for Capital One, there have been periodic problems with connectivity, but it's definitely not completely down since June. You might want to post a separate thread about that, or perhaps better, call Quicken Support so they can share your screen and look at your log files to try to figure out what's going on and get you back in business.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • debra1222
    debra1222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts. I will definitely contact Quicken support. It just takes SO long for them to actually take the call, so I need to plan it for when I have the time to just sit around waiting!
This discussion has been closed.