Can this be done in Quicken?

Options
dvdrttr214
dvdrttr214 Member ✭✭
I'm an 'infrequent' Quicken user but am considering using it more. Perhaps someone can tell me if this is possible.
I need a way to track infrequent payments I get from substitute teaching. The pay schedule is designed so that any subbing done during a particular two week period is paid approximately 11 days after that period ends. Since none of the days worked are 'regular,' I need a way to track which days were worked during a period, and whether I got paid at the appropriate time at the end of the period.
I made a simple Excel spreadsheet but wondered if something in Quicken would work better.
Thanks.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One way to do this might be to record an income transaction on the expected future pay date. You could make it a split transaction and add one line for each day you worked and the amount you expect to be paid. If there are deductions you could record them when you get the check.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dvdrttr214
    dvdrttr214 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One way to do this might be to record an income transaction on the expected future pay date. You could make it a split transaction and add one line for each day you worked and the amount you expect to be paid. If there are deductions you could record them when you get the check.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dvdrttr214
    dvdrttr214 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.