Chase and EWC+: When can I connect my old accounts with the new method?

Options
dave386
dave386 Member ✭✭
My two old Chase credit card accounts contain 2700 entries going back to 1994. In addition, I now have two replacement accounts with only two dozen entries. For a specific card, each new charge is received and entered into both old and new account, but I have to reauthorize downloads for the old account. I have tried to update the communication method for the old accounts but Quicken does not offer the new EWC+ method as a choice. When can I connect my old accounts with the new method?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "The new accounts were added the first time I went through the new authorization..."
    That's much clearer. 
    The direct answer to your direct question is "you can't, unless you disconnect the newly added Accounts."  From Chase's viewpoint your Accounts are connected.
    Assuming that there's not much activity in the new Accounts, I'd make a backup, move all "new" transactions to the old Accounts, make a backup again, then disconnect the new Accounts and try again with the old Accounts. Before trying to reconnect, though, you might want to go to your secure messages at Chase and confirm your identity again.

Answers

• Tom Young
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Since you have "replacement accounts", presumably new card numbers for the old accounts that are no longer active, why would you want those old accounts connected?  I'd just close them in Quicken and hide them.  The transactions will always be there for you to look at or use in reports.
  • dave386
    dave386 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The card numbers did not change. The new accounts were added the first time I went through the new authorization and they only "Replaced" the comm. method and copied a few recent transactions. I really want to use the old accounts, so again, When can I connect my old accounts with the new method?
  • Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options
    "The new accounts were added the first time I went through the new authorization..."
    That's much clearer. 
    The direct answer to your direct question is "you can't, unless you disconnect the newly added Accounts."  From Chase's viewpoint your Accounts are connected.
    Assuming that there's not much activity in the new Accounts, I'd make a backup, move all "new" transactions to the old Accounts, make a backup again, then disconnect the new Accounts and try again with the old Accounts. Before trying to reconnect, though, you might want to go to your secure messages at Chase and confirm your identity again.
  • dave386
    dave386 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Following your lead, I made a backup, deactivated Online Svcs on all 4 Chase accounts, deleted the new Chase accounts, Click on Set up Download, cycle through the Chase screens, return to Quicken to Activate One Step Update box listing both of my old accounts, click Next leaving Action set to 'Link to existing'. Quicken said "Updating...". I am back in business; thank you. Final notes: my original mistake was choosing Add accounts instead of Link to existing. The other thing before I started this post was that when I deactivated Online svcs on one old account and went to Set up download, there were only two choices listed (two older methods; I expected to see EWC+ listed so I could pick it).
This discussion has been closed.