For Chase Cards, why are balances different in account sidebar and actual register?

Options
DebVirginia
DebVirginia Member ✭✭
I am downloading with the new improved Chase download. I migrated by discontinuing downloads for each account and then setting it downloads again as new. (Attempts to reauthorize failed and caused complications.)

This is a new problem for me this week. It has not happened prior and I've been using the new method for several weeks now. When I did a net worth report, the balance for the Chase cards did not match what was reported in the side bar account listing. Further investigation revealed the sidebar amount does not match what the actual register reports as the current balance. Perhaps it does have to do with pending transactions, but I'm not sure why it just started. Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Most likely it is due to the pending transactions that are getting downloaded which started with the releases of R44.20 last week.  The concept of downloading pending transactions is good but the cut in of it has not gone off without hitch and is causing some problems.  Perhaps the most common of them is the one you posted about.
    Note that this is not an issue specific to Chase and EWC+.  It is an issue with many Financial Institutions that are set up with EWC or EWC+ and which are now downloading pending transactions.  (Download of pending transactions does not occur with DC or WC connections methods.)
    I know the Quicken Team is aware of this issue and addressing it.  But until they get a fix put in place we can click on the little hourglass immediately below the Account Register just to the left of Ending Balance and then click on Hide Pending Transactions.  Most of the comments I've seen said this resolved the balance issue in the left side Account Bar....as it did for me.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Most likely it is due to the pending transactions that are getting downloaded which started with the releases of R44.20 last week.  The concept of downloading pending transactions is good but the cut in of it has not gone off without hitch and is causing some problems.  Perhaps the most common of them is the one you posted about.
    Note that this is not an issue specific to Chase and EWC+.  It is an issue with many Financial Institutions that are set up with EWC or EWC+ and which are now downloading pending transactions.  (Download of pending transactions does not occur with DC or WC connections methods.)
    I know the Quicken Team is aware of this issue and addressing it.  But until they get a fix put in place we can click on the little hourglass immediately below the Account Register just to the left of Ending Balance and then click on Hide Pending Transactions.  Most of the comments I've seen said this resolved the balance issue in the left side Account Bar....as it did for me.

• DebVirginia
    DebVirginia Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much! This absolutely fixed the problem for me! I didn't even notice the tab for the pending transactions below the register.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    You are welcome.  I'm glad it worked for you.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    (Deleted because this was a response to another's post that was moved to another thread.  The other person's post was off-topic to the topic of this thread.)

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.