Moving accounts in the register

jameshillcoat
jameshillcoat Member ✭✭
Is it possible to move more than one account in the register? Clicking the arrow is a tedious process especially when I have over 50 accounts to move, some of them from the bottom to the top.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version/release of Quicken are you using?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Q2013 and it only moves 1 account 1click at a time.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Is it possible to move more than one account in the register? Clicking the arrow is a tedious process especially when I have over 50 accounts to move, some of them from the bottom to the top.
    Huh … details -
    Accounts ARE in their own Register.  
    Do you mean line item “transactions” ?
    Ahhh - looks like you might be talking about moving Accounts up/down in the ACCOUNT LIST … on the left side of the Quicken screen.  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    In older versions, the only way to rearrange the accounts in the Account List is to click up or down one at a time.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are using the current release level of Quicken Subscription, there's a relatively new feature available: "Rearrange Accounts"
    You can find it by clicking the gear icon in the Account Bar.
    Note: You cannot move an account outside its group, e.g., a credit card account cannot be moved to the checking accounts.
    To move accounts between major groups, e.g., to move an account from (Personal) Banking to Business accounts, use Edit Account Details / Display Options tab and look at "Account Intent".
This discussion has been closed.