How can I get Quick Pay to work?

Options
When I try to Quick pay a bill, I get a message to the affect that the account is not authorized for Quick Pay. So far, I have spent about 10 hours on the phone with support or with their EIER-2 department. They are out of answers. The last two times I talked to them, the process ended unsolved and I was left hanging. They were supposed to research it an get back to me but that never happened. Contacting them to set up a new appointment is a time wasting pain in the butt which goes nowhere. Moreover, I was told that the web site for the bill I was trying to pay (Xcel) was down. I contacted Xcel that very afternoon and was told that the web site had been fully functional all day. This is a major run-around.

Best Answer

• tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I tried Quicken Bill Pay for two months and was having all the problems mentioned in various posts about the service (poor integration with Reminders, inability to prepay because Quicken hadn't received the new bill yet, needs attention alerts you can't clear, etc.), plus hitting the Check Pay limit of 5 where they charge $1 after that for 3 more per month. I get needing Check Pay for my local trash company, but this is crazy for major institutions like Chase that should be handled as Quick Pay. I gave up and returned to the 90's and now use my bank's bill pay (Fidelity) offline, then manually enter the payment into Quicken (or I guess I could wait for for the transaction to clear and let download enter it). When/if Quicken gets its act together I'll consider turning their Bill Pay feature back on. Quicken might learn from Fidelity on how to manage bill payments and user interfaces.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which financial institution are you trying to use for Quick Pay?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I tried Quicken Bill Pay for two months and was having all the problems mentioned in various posts about the service (poor integration with Reminders, inability to prepay because Quicken hadn't received the new bill yet, needs attention alerts you can't clear, etc.), plus hitting the Check Pay limit of 5 where they charge $1 after that for 3 more per month. I get needing Check Pay for my local trash company, but this is crazy for major institutions like Chase that should be handled as Quick Pay. I gave up and returned to the 90's and now use my bank's bill pay (Fidelity) offline, then manually enter the payment into Quicken (or I guess I could wait for for the transaction to clear and let download enter it). When/if Quicken gets its act together I'll consider turning their Bill Pay feature back on. Quicken might learn from Fidelity on how to manage bill payments and user interfaces.
  • jrhouser39
    Options
    Nice to know I am not alone with this issue. Quicken was a great system until they "improved it." It has not been great or even good since then.
  • jrhouser39
    jrhouser39 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Speculation] 
This discussion has been closed.