Incorrect vault password error message for scheduled updates

Options
Jack755
Jack755 Unconfirmed ✭✭
I am using the CORRECT vault password but the when setting up daily Scheduled Updates the pop up prompt for vault password before the program launches say's I've entered the wrong password. ??

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which financial institution?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to make sure ... we are talking about the Vault Password and not the Quicken ID and Password?
    Do you type in the Vault Password or do you cut and paste it from some stored record?
    A trailing blank could cause problems. Typing the password in ALL CAPS would be no good if the password were in lowercase or mixed case.
    Next time this happens, can you capture an image snapshot to a JPG, PNG or GIF file and the drag the file from Windows Explorer into your next Comment here in this webpage?
  • Jack755
    Jack755 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    The scheduled update requires the "Vault password" . Yes I do type it in manually and it consist of numbers so Upper/Lower case is not an issue. Yes I will snip a pic of the error message and upload it today. Thank you for the response.
  • Jack755
    Jack755 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Here are 2 images. One is the prompt for password input, the 2nd is after I type in my vault password.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Cancel out of the Schedule Updates dialog.
    Once Quicken has fully started, access the Password Vault (from the Tools Menu), select Add or Edit Passwords. This will prompt you for the Password Vault password. Enter it.
    If you can get in ... I have no idea why the Schedule Updates dialog fails when you type exactly the same password. Time to call Quicken Support, because I'm out of ideas.
    If you can't get in, Delete Vault and all saved passwords, then Setup new Password Vault with the old or a new vault password.
    OTOH, do you really need to run a Scheduled Update?
    For me it's enough when I run a manual One Step Update once a day after 5PM ET to get the closing price quotes and whatever bank transaction updates there might be.
  • Jack755
    Jack755 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I can access the password vault within the program. Re: "do you really need to run a Scheduled Update" No I don't but if there's an Option tab to do it , I think it should work.  !
    Thank you for trying to help me.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about ...
    Turn off the Scheduled Update (Tools Menu/ Schedule Updates).
    Whenever you're ready to run a One Step Update just click the arrow icon in the title line of the Account Bar. It should only take a minute or two.
This discussion has been closed.