Has anyone had a similar experience described below? (another Chase reauthorization issue)

After updating Chase credit card accounts with Quicken, my checking account balance increased by 2800.00 and my net worth decrease by over $50K. I've downloaded latest version of Quicken and tried the same synching three times with the same result.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I will use your suggestions and let you know what happened. I won't be able to do this until next weekend. Thank you very much!
    Sounds good.  BTW, the reason why I suggested these actions is because these have been reported issues and solutions by others (including myself) after reauthorizing Chase for EWC+.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Some ideas...back up your main data file before proceeding:
    1)  Do you have a backup file from before you reauthorized your connection method for Chase to EWC+? 
    • If so, restore that file...be sure to give the restored file a unique name...TEST would be good...so it does not overwrite your main file. 
    • Write down the Opening Balance transaction dollar amounts of the Chase accounts.
    • Then open your main data file and compare the Opening Balance transaction dollar amounts to what you wrote down.  If the dollar amounts do not match what you had written down, edit those transactions to match the dollar amounts you had written down.
    2)  Look for duplicate transactions that might have been downloaded into your Chase accounts registers.  You probably will not need to look back more than 2-3 months.  Any duplicates transactions that you find need to be manually deleted.

3)  If your account balances and net worth issues are not resolved after doing these things, look for an Opening Balance transaction in each of your Chase accounts registers that might have somewhere within the last 2-3 months.  If you find any, manually delete them.

Did doing these things resolve the issues for you?

• I will use your suggestions and let you know what happened. I won't be able to do this until next weekend. Thank you very much!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    I will use your suggestions and let you know what happened. I won't be able to do this until next weekend. Thank you very much!
    Sounds good.  BTW, the reason why I suggested these actions is because these have been reported issues and solutions by others (including myself) after reauthorizing Chase for EWC+.

• I used your suggestions and massaged the checking account and I'm good. Thank you once again for your help! It is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.