Having problems with Renaming Rules

Options
williamspl
williamspl Member ✭✭
I often see Payee names that are not correct in the Downloaded Transaction List below the register.

When I try to change it in Renaming Rules it seems that the rule change does not change this current transaction in download list or transactions in my register. But it seems to impact future transactions.

How can you make rule changes that impact the current register and Download list?

Thanks!

I use Win10 Quicken Premier.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't make the renaming rules affect the current transactions; they are only applied during the downloading of the transactions.

To change existing transactions use something like find and replace (Ctrl+Shift+H).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings for the detection and processing of transfer transactions can be found in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.

If the new transaction you just downloaded into the Downloaded Transaction tab needs changing, you can do that by clicking the transaction in tab so that it appears in the register's New Transaction line.
    Here you can make changes as needed.
    Any changes you make to downloaded Payee Names are remembered in Renaming Rules.
    Any other changes you make (add/change Category or Memo text) are remembered in the Memorized Payee List.
    Next time the same transaction for this Payee comes along, Quicken should remember and give you a better new register transaction.

This discussion has been closed.